Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / V2017.02.21(beta) version Released! Please test and report!

Author
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2017 15:16
Hi,

Today we have release v2017.02.2(beta) version on both Steam and TGC servers.

We're hopeful that the build is reliable and stable but would prefer user feedback before we go to a full release next week. So if you can, please test as many of your projects on this version.

Users who download via TGC website will find the builds in the usual place.
Steam users will need to do the following;
1. Load Steam Client
2. View your library and locate AppGameKit
3. Right click on AppGameKit
4. From the menu, select Properties
5. Select the BETA tab
6. Choose the v2017.02.2(beta) version

What's new?
This BETA brings many fixes and updates. We have also changed to a new, more automated build system for creating versions. It should have no visible changes but may have introduced bugs and so we're keen for you to see how AppGameKit performs with your projects.

Here's a full run down of the changes;

Video
- Fixed PlayVideoToTexture on Windows not working with WMV videos

Android
- Fixed Android export not working with Firebase if the Firebase config file contained details for more than one Android app
- Fixed exported APK crashing if it uses GameCenter commands but was exported without a Game Services ID
- Updated Ouya export for the latest icon requirements
- Removed hack on Android that was used to force the volume buttons to set the media volume rather than the notification volume, which may have been causing audio distortion
- Fixed ExtractZip not working on Android if the zip file was inside the APK
- Removed armeabi (ARMv5) binary for Android which was only used by very old devices, AppGameKit now requires ARMv7 or greater on Android. This reduces the APK size by about 4.5MB

In-App Purchases
- Using InAppPurchaseSetup will no longer display a message box if it is called multiple times in the AppGameKit player, for example when broadcasting an app multiple times

Memblocks
- Fixed SetObjectMeshFromMemblock sometimes corrupting the vertices of another object on non-Windows platforms

3D
- Added a new example project that experiments with Tone Mapping
- Consolidated OpenGL and OpenGLES files so there is less duplicated code, this should result in no visible change but may have introduced bugs

3D Physics
- Fixed 3D physics ragdoll commands reporting that a ragdoll does not exist when it does
- Fixed the skybox commands not working on some devices

Sprites
- Fixed DrawSprite not using the scissor value set by SetSpriteScissor
- Fixed sprites with multiple images not using the scissor value set by SetSpriteScissor

GameCenter
- Fixed GameCenterSubmitAchievement causing a crash on Google Game Services if the value 0 is used with an incremental achievement, it will now do nothing

Input
- Fixed key presses not being recorded by GetRawKeyState when the ALT key is held down

Images
- Removed popup message when an image is saved to the device photos folder on iOS and Android

Windows
- Added MaximizeWindow command to maximize the window on Windows and Linux
- Added a parameter to SetWindowSize to ignore bounds checking so that over sized windows can be created

Misc
- Fixed HTTPEncode entering an infinite loop
- Increased network client timeout from 5 seconds to 20 seconds
- Fixed Random2() producing too many instances of the start value
- Fixed RunApp command on Mac and Linux not accepting multiple parameters for some commands

IPv6 Support
- Added IPv6 support to all platforms except HTML5
- Any network commands that accept an IP address will now accept an IPv4 or IPv6 address
- The HostNetwork command will listen on both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses (if available) and accept connections from both
- Added GetDeviceIPv6 to return the IPv6 address of the device, it will first look for global addresses and then local ones
- Existing Android Tier 2 projects will need to add the function GetIPv6 to their AGKHelper.java file, check the template project for details

IDE
- Added a menu option in the IDE to view the AppGameKit video tutorials on Youtube

-----------------

Please post any issues in this thread. Thanks!
Development Director
TGC Team
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2017 17:05
Great! I'll do some testing this evening. Thanks Paul!
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2017 17:11 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2017 17:12
Awesome. My problem will be fixed. Now I just need commands to retrieve possible desktop resolutions and I am a happy camper.
Running Windows 7 Home, 64 bit, 8 GB ram, Athlon II X2 255, ATI Radeon HD 4200. Using AGK2 Tier 1.
Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2017 18:59
Hi

Great !!

When I use SetWindowSize(width,height,0,1), I get an error : SetWindowSize() doesn't accept 4 parameters.
AGK2 tier1 - http://www.dracaena-studio.com
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2017 19:12
Sounds realy great. Reducing the APK file size was realy needed. It's also great to see, that 3D commands are still in focus. Great guys. Love your work.
Baky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2017 19:31
I have a problem with function InAppPurchaseGetSignature (since version 2.0.22) ... it doesn't appears, so I cannot use it
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Blendman wrote: "When I use SetWindowSize(width,height,0,1), I get an error : SetWindowSize() doesn't accept 4 parameters."

Same here.
Running Windows 7 Home, 64 bit, 8 GB ram, Athlon II X2 255, ATI Radeon HD 4200. Using AGK2 Tier 1.
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2017 22:07
Great work guys
I don't have many projects yet, but they all run flawlessly

init.agc:265: error: "setwindowsize" does not accept the parameters (Integer, Integer, Integer, Integer)

PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2017 01:23
Thanks, I've fixed SetWindowSize for the next version. The build system failed to add a new command if another version already existed with a different number of parameters
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2017 01:48
Hi Paul! Is it possible to add fixing the editboxes in landscape mode in the next build? It's actually halted a commercial project I'm working on As soon as you use an editbox command in landscape mode, the editbox goes full-screen mandatory, and you can't hide it off-screen or change its size, etc, like you can in portrait mode.
I work full-time making games in AGK2 and DBpro. Living the dream!
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2017 06:56
Another one for the next version (please) Paul...

We had a "file selector" coding challenge that highlighted 3 limitations...

1. You can't get the file path using the standard command (maybe we could have a ChooseRawFileWithPath() command?)
2. GetNextFile() and GetNextFolder() always include the media folder and files in the project folder. Makes it impossible to write your own file picker
3. Cannot detect the drives available. We used a bit of jiggery-pokery to calculate the drive that hosts the user folders.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Paul, could we get a command to retrieve possible desktop resolutions and refresh rates? So we can let the user decide on which he would like to run a game on the desktop?
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2017 01:08
BatVink wrote: "Another one for the next version (please) Paul...

We had a "file selector" coding challenge that highlighted 3 limitations...

1. You can't get the file path using the standard command (maybe we could have a ChooseRawFileWithPath() command?)
2. GetNextFile() and GetNextFolder() always include the media folder and files in the project folder. Makes it impossible to write your own file picker
3. Cannot detect the drives available. We used a bit of jiggery-pokery to calculate the drive that hosts the user folders."

+1
--------------------------------
Join us on dedicated AppGameKit WeeKChat :
https://week.chat/room/AppGameKit
BuccaneerBob
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2017 01:55
IPv6 Support!

Thank you so much Rick and Paul!

This is going to make releasing multiplayer apps on iOS a possibility now!
Robert Janes (Samu Games)
http://www.samugames.com/artifact
Qube_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2017 02:18 Edited at: 25th Feb 2017 02:19
IPV6 Support - Excellent news, thanks Paul.
Mini Malistix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2017 08:39
Hello community, hello Paul

the joystick button commands do not work with button 7 (select) on Android devices. Other software works fine with my hardware and returns "Keycode 109 pressed" back.

Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2017 10:19 Edited at: 28th Feb 2017 10:19
Hi Paul

While you're looking at window size fixes can we have the option to set the minimum size of the window please? It would stop users of desktop apps being able to shrink the app to the point that only the window buttons like close, maximise and minimise are shown. I've not seen what it's like on Windows, but on the Mac you can shrink the app down so that just those buttons are visible. Almost all desktop apps have a minimum size they can be resized to.

Thanks

Kevin

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 20:52:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 20:52:15