Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Business Talk

Author
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Feb 2017 23:18 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2017 23:27
Just curious how TGC as a business is built.

- Purely to survive on AppGameKit - new recruits meanst £75.

- Price to pay for great add ons

- The members of TGC - do you have other working jobs and run TGC as a background hobby?

- You work on nearly all our frustrations of this not working that not working for free

I think we all take for granted that we have just solely paid out £75ish and receive life time support to indeed make better

Money doesn't grow on trees - so maybe need to think upping the cost of any significant upgrades you do with new developments/updates to gain you more in the long run

- You are fair better if not more than UNITY and all the others and that's blooming £700+ for a licence

- But you capped your fee to less than £100.... - I would certainly pay £400 for AppGameKit!!!!

- Up the cost of the Games Pack at least

I might be talking absolute cods wallop but as long as your surviving ok as a business then leave you to it

Damo
damothegreat
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Feb 2017 23:54 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2017 23:57
SSL certificates are expensive - "https" - we don't have warnings, so you must have cotia ones and not created in house.

SQL connections into writing and reading to and from a Database requires a Cal - blooming expensive. - assume this forum is sql based

A web Domain - go Daddy is ok

Windows Server 2012/2016 - £700+

Need a new business model proposal?

Kick me off again if you like for been like this.. I do care believe it or not....
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I would sent them an email about your concerns/offerings. Certainly these things are not the topic for a coding support forum.
Running Windows 7 Home, 64 bit, 8 GB ram, Athlon II X2 255, ATI Radeon HD 4200. Using AGK2 Tier 1.
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2017 08:58
Hi,

We're doing OK and focusing on what matters for our three game making products; AppGameKit, GameGuru and the new MyWorld. We also earn money from the Driving Test apps which do very well.

Our pricing is set to Hobbyist and Indie levels because that's who use it.

Rick
Development Director
TGC Team
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2017 09:58
I would pay more for a PRO version with extended functionality.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 23:28:42
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 23:28:42