Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Getting the coordinates of a side (face?) of a 3-D Cube

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2017 03:38
Hello,

I haven't seen an answer to this anywhere, and honestly I haven't tried to figure this out myself, but I was wondering if you could use the pointer to determine the face it is pointing to? I am making a 3-D tile map builder using Unity, but I would much rather use AppGameKit (I just like it more). The biggest challenge I can imagine is finding the coordinates of the face that the pointer is hitting. Essentially the way it should work is you point at the side of a cube, hit a button, and another cube is added to that side--similar to how it works in Minecraft, Fallout 4, or Rust.

Thanks for enabling my laziness!
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2017 05:10
mrradd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2017 06:31
Hey Blink0k!
That is a creative solution. It isn't exactly the solution I was looking for, but it gave me a nudge in the right direction. Thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 23:22:00
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 23:22:00