Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / IAP on an IPV6 connected device?

Author
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2017 03:28
Is there supposed to be a different way you handle IAP commands in AppGameKit when the device is on an IPV6 network? I just had my app rejected by Apple because they couldn't make any purchases when playing the game on a device connected to an IPV6 network
I work full-time making games in AGK2 and DBpro. Living the dream!
blink0k
Years of Service
Recently Online
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2017 04:26
Yep, I've seen this, but in the latest update notes, Paul mentioned that IPV6 stuff is working now. And yet, this issue is still happening.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2017 16:18
The IAP commands are using standard Apple API calls, so I don't know why their own code wouldn't be working. Do they give any more details?
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2017 14:13
Here's the full text of their message to me (they're always super thorough with their responses #sarcasm):

---------

Performance - 2.1

We discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on an iPad running iOS 10.2.1 on Wi-Fi connected to an IPv6 network.

Specifically, we received an error message when attempting to buy any of the Gold packs.

Please see attached screenshots for details.

Next Steps

Please run your app on a device while connected to an IPv6 network (all apps must support IPv6) to identify any issues, then revise and resubmit your app for review.

If we misunderstood the intended behavior of your app, please reply to this message in Resolution Center to provide information on how these features were intended to work.

For new apps, uninstall all previous versions of your app from a device, then install and follow the steps to reproduce the issue. For updates, install the new version as an update to the previous version, then follow the steps to reproduce the issue.

Resources

For information about supporting IPv6 Networks, please refer to Supporting IPv6 DNS64/NAT64 Networks and About Networking.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2017 16:49
I just tested our EduGuru app (which has IAP items) with the recommended DNS64 method of testing and the purchases went through without issue.
tmu
Years of Service
User Offline
I had the exact same response for my app today. They also attached a bunch of crash logs on my issue reports so if you are interested I can mail them to you..

There is a good chance I am doing something wrong also, since its my first time trying to get IAP working on Apple Store. Somehow everything seems so much easier on Google Play..

tmu
Years of Service
User Offline
OK just a related question. How do you test iOS IAP for AppGameKit games?

I created a sandbox user and tried to use it with the app. But Testflight does not let me login with that name and trying to login with the sandbox user by broadcasting gives some error about iTunes Account Creation Not Allowed. Trying to figure out if/what am I doing wrong to get these (IPv6) crashes Apple complains about but really hard to get the IAP to work at all on iOS.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2017 23:01
Quote: "They also attached a bunch of crash logs on my issue reports so if you are interested I can mail them to you.."

Yes, I'll take a look.

Quote: "How do you test iOS IAP for AppGameKit games?"

It's been a while since I tested IAP (I did the EduGuru purchase on the live app), but I think you just export an AdHoc app from the AppGameKit IDE, install it via iTunes to your device (or upload and use TestFlight), and then use your iTunes Connect user account to try and buy it, it should redirect your purchase to the sandbox.
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2017 01:36
There's a possibility it's Apple's fault anyway. They have rejected this app based on IAP before, and after weeks of error-hunting I found out that Apple themselves hadn't approved my IAPs for use yet. You'd think that the team who does error checking and the team that approves IAPs would communicate in the event that an app crashes on IAP but apparently that's too much to ask for.

This may be one of those times again, however they DID specify that it happened only over an IPv6 network, which seemed a little too specific to be that issue again.
tmu
Years of Service
User Offline
The whole Apple process is totally messed up and hard to understand in so many way. Or maybe its just me.

How do you submit an IAP purchase for review without submitting your app? I think my IAP is actually not approved, so if that stops it from being tested, and if getting it approved requires submitting the app for testing, its like a chicken and egg problem. They also complained about not having a button to "restore purchases". But the only IAP is just to remove some ads and having a separate button to restore that just seems silly when the same "remove ads" button can be used to do it..

I tried to test this by uploading through TestFlight but it would not let me login with my sandbox account(s) for the TestFlight app. Complains there is some problem with the account. That is, I logged out of my normal accounts and tried to start TestFlight with the sandbox account. The instructions for IAP testing on Apple site mention use of Xcode etc. which makes them also harder to apply for AppGameKit since I am not that familiar with bare iOS development.

Paul, how do I mail you the logs? PM me an email or what?

Cheers,
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2017 18:06
Quote: "How do you submit an IAP purchase for review without submitting your app?"

When you are creating your new version to submit there should be an option to include any new IAPs so they get approved along with it. If I recall correctly there is no separate IAP approval process, they get attached to the main app approval process. But if you don't manually add them to the new version (and they aren't already approved) then the IAP purchases will fail.

Quote: "I tried to test this by uploading through TestFlight but it would not let me login with my sandbox account(s) for the TestFlight app"

I just use my normal developer account, or you can new accounts to your iTunes Connect account for testing. It's been a while since I tried it but I don't think it will charge for an IAP purchase using an AdHoc app with an iTunes Connect account.

Quote: "Paul, how do I mail you the logs? PM me an email or what?"

There is an email button at the bottom of this post, or send it to paul at thegamecreators.com.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2017 16:01
Quote: "They also attached a bunch of crash logs on my issue reports so if you are interested I can mail them to you."

I had a look at the logs, thanks. The crash was caused by the InAppPurchaseRestore function, I've added some extra checks to the next version so it won't crash, but I don't know if that will solve the original problem of the purchase failing. To solve that issue I'd need to see the device log.
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2017 08:23
I'm still trying to get Apple to send one. They keep replying with the same canned answer. It's driving me up the wall...
tmu
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the fix. I will try it once the new version is out.

What is a device log and can we get one from our iOS devices ourselves?
tmu
Years of Service
User Offline
Soo. Still waiting for the new version so I can try yet-another resubmission with this fix. In the meanwhile, can someone provide a for real-dummies version of how to submit an IAP for approval to Apple?

I created my IAP (remove ads) on iTunes Connect. This initially had status of "ready for submission". I then got reject for the submission and complains about missing the "restore purchase" button as well as the IPv6 complaint. I added the "restore purchase" button and resubmitted it, as well as making sure I do not call InAppPurchaseRestore() unless the "restore purchase" button is explicitly clicked. I was hoping to avoid the "crash" with this.

I got back another reject, this time without the complaint about "restore purchase". However, the in-app purchase process still fails and clicking on purchase button will give an iOS dialog with the text "Unable to complete your purchase - please try again later.". Now this is same as before and is the cause of reject. My in-app purchase in iTunes Connect is in status "Developer Attention Needed".

I don't get it, how do I resubmit the InApp Purchase to get it approved since I cannot find a button to include it in my re-submission. So I would assume it gets included automatically if I resubmit but in that case why would it not be approved. And if it not being approved causes this error, how am I ever going to approve it with the chicken and egg problem this causes? I mean IAP not approved because you cannot purchase it, and you cannot purchase it because it is not approved?

Spamming Paul with all the logs he said the code should be fine. I sent a reply to Apple on the review to ask if the IAP is approved and if it can cause this issue but no reply yet.

Anyway, any for really dummies instructions for how to properly submit an IAP and get it approved?
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2017 14:38 Edited at: 21st Mar 2017 14:38
I always assumed that resubmitting a new build to apple also made them re-assess the IAP that you set up in iTunes Connect?

I'm expecting a call from their submission team sometime soon, so I'll be sure to ask them.
tmu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2017 06:58 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2017 07:05
Well I had my app and IAP approved and released. I was searching the internet for something related and came across a checklist for IAP. Apparently I had not set up some paid apps contract on the separate contracts page. The system just never told me that, the reviewers never told me that, nothing told me that. Since it was previously as a free app with ads only this was not a problem.

Also, I did not need to resubmit, I replied to their review earlier asking if the IAP was approved or not and would it cause this issue. I just got a reply of something like "thanks for the reply, we are now reviewing your app". Then it was approved. Later that day I noticed I needed to fill the form and did that as well. Maybe it was combo of both or I just happened to fill in the contract form between the review and reading my reply.

Regarding the form, BTW it is just nuts for a form. I have no idea what am I supposed to put in there, you need a team of lawyers for that. Not that I am really expecting to make any real money on my games, so if I do, I will make it into a problem for myself at that time. Now I am just happy to get this off my chest with the app working in the store.

Again compared to Google Play, in Google Play the system told me explicitly that I need to set up the separate Merchant agreements when trying to set up the IAP, filling in the bank info made sense, and there was no US tax forms to fill, and the publishing cost is much less. And I though Apple was about easy user experience. Guess developers aren't users. Well, I suppose you at least get to contact a human there vs Google so that is a plus.
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2017 13:11
Man, that sounds complicated as hell..... I guess I'll have a poke around and see if there's something I'm missing.

All of this would be so much easier if Apple would just... You know... TELL ME what I need to do instead of making me guess.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 21:08:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 21:08:20