Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Broadcasting Stopped Working during Broadcast Loading

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Yesterday (3/11/2017) I was broadcasting a game to my iPad, a game I have been broadcasting for a few weeks now, and at about 85% or so, the AGK2 player just quit. I tried broadcasting the same game to my android phone, but the phone did not pick-up any broadcast. I then reset the router, reset the phone, computer, and iPad. In addition, I closed the game and loaded another game to try. None of the devices receive the broadcast. It just seems to have stopped working. Any ideas on a fix? I have the recent builds and even uninstalled the app and reinstalled to try that. I am out of potential solutions for the moment.

Thanks for some suggestions.
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2017 13:48
Check your firewall hasn't started blocking AGK.
JosephB
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks. I had checked the firewall and all permissions were correct. I finally got them working as follows;

1. For the Android, a very important first step, turn the wifi back on, so after uninstalling and turning off the phone and then reinstalling and turning on wifi, the phone received the broadcast.
2. for the ipad, I had to uninstall AGK2 player, then turn off the iPad, then turn it back on and reinstall AGK2. The broadcast began functioning again.

I do not know why the iPad stopped receiving the broadcast after the app shutdown during the loading of the game during the broadcast. Every time I tried to broadcast with the app running it would just exit, until I completed step number 2 above. not sure if had to do with memory as the game has a number of large 2048X2048 textures (they include the image texture as well as a bump map for a total of 8 images that size.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 01:22:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 01:22:04