Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Failed to open bytecode file for reading broadcast app error

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Ever since the new update I've had this issue. I am running AppGameKit off of steam and it is fully updated, and so is my AppGameKit 2 player app. Has anyone else encountered this bug? The game works fine on pc but on my phone it sends all the data and I get the error message above. Running windows 10 64 bit. My first guess is that it was an april fools joke lol
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2017 17:19
It's a problem with the player, paul has fixed it now but I'm waiting for the updated player app to proliferate through the store.
Midget Blaster
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah yes, As of this morning it is functioning. Thank you PRoF
Midget Blaster
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Actually, my project is now super unstable. On my computer the game works fine but when I send it to the app I experience a LOT of frame drops making my game unplayable.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2017 18:51
The newest version of the player is incompatible with older bytecode. Recompile the source and it should be fine.

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2017 20:03
Without seeing your code, I'm at a loss. I'm assuming it worked ok on the player in the previous AGK2 version?

I would have a look at the list of changes Paul made in this update, and see if any of that relates to any code you have used in your project?
Midget Blaster
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Somehow, it fixed itself. One day it was slow and broken, next day worked fine without changes. Ah well, It works now

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 10:29:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 10:29:13