Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / 1001 Journeys Of A Hero

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2017 02:47 Edited at: 5th Apr 2017 20:49
Hello folks!

I've been trying out making games with AppGameKit, and what a wonderful tool it is.
So yesterday, I published a (prototype) game on Google Play;
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bitbit.herojourney&hl=en

1001 Journeys Of A Hero

It's a RPG-adventure, played in the style of a board game.
- You are a Hero of the kingdom, summoned by the king with 3 other heroes, tasked to slay the Demon King (cliche I know)
- You and the other heroes takes turn to move over the map. Where you will be moving is decided by dice rolls. Each session would not take too long, so it can be played on the go-no rush.
- After moving, you will face various sorts of events related to where you are now; battles, caves, blocked roads, theif, even getting yourself a lover!
- Then another hero turn will come. Everybody will move until they reach their destination - Demon Lord Castle
- After the adventure is completed, you can start another adventure with randomly generated stages!
- If you can defeat the Demon Lord, or became the richest hero, the item you have will be inherited as heirloom (aka collectables)
- Can you defeat the Demon Lord? Do you have that special 'luck' to survive?

I have a long list of improvements to add to the game. But for now I'll just share the base game with you guys and enjoy.
It would be interesting for some, while probably will be boring to others.

HOW TO PLAY:
- Basically, every time your turns starts, you roll a dice.
- The number will indicate how many space you would move. You can't control directly where you will move, it's decided by the dice roll.
- Then your character will move, and after reaching the destination, an event will unfold.
- Depending on the events, some you have control over ; some depends on your luck. Some is pure 'lucky' event, some pure 'unfortunate' events, and others are mixed bag. Sometimes you get money, sometimes you get equipments, and sometimes, things that are more sinister...
- Then then next hero will have their turns.
- If you manage to defeat the Demon Lord, or you became the richest hero (supposing other hero defeated Demon Lord), then you win!

Please try it on Android phones (>4.1), get it from Google Play.
Any suggestion is welcome. Would love to hear what you guys think before I develop it further.
Scribble
Years of Service
User Offline
Lol I thought I goofed and the thread disappears of something
blink0k
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 2nd Apr 2017 22:39
That looks lovely! Reminds me of GameBoy
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2017 01:16 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2017 01:30
I get a strong NES dragon warrior vibe, well done, looks worth giving it a shot

-----

Ok, tried it, seems promising BUT:

My first thought after starting and reading a bit of dialog: not crazy about the font, it isn't the most readable.

It may also be cool to make the dialog feel like a bad translation like many of the games from the NES era.

I dont really get how movement works, I roll the dice but then walking seems completely random. It doesn't seem to matter where I click I have no idea where the character will move. Some instruction or help tip here would be helpful.

Lastly, too many/frequent full screen ad interruptions. After 3 or 4 of these in less than a minute including an accidental click that took me out to a web page, I quit and uninstalled the app.
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
Scribble
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2017 04:56 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2017 06:39
Thanks for the feedback!

Oh I forgot the instruction.
Basically, every time your turns starts, you roll a dice.
The number will indicate how many space you would move. You can't control directly where you will move, it's decided by the dice roll.
Then your character will move, and after reaching the destination, an event will unfold.
Depending on the events, some you have control over the choices; some depends on your luck. Some is pure 'lucky' event, some pure 'unfortunate' events, and others are mixed bag.
Then then next hero will have their turns.

In future update I plan to have the player to have more control over the movements/events, and less on luck.
For example, player can choose where to move (limited by their dice rolls number)
Events that are base on your memorization, reflex, ect

Any suggestion of ads type that you think would be more tolerable/acceptable?
I personally avoid banners though, I think they are sorts of smearing the game (lol)
For now only fullsceen ads, located at the end of our turns. Not really sure what most people would prefer....
Maybe I just need to reduce the frequency of the ads?

EDIT: I reduced the frequency of the ads. Please try and inform me how it is.
Scribble
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2017 17:57 Edited at: 5th Apr 2017 20:13
Hello again!

I've updated the game.
Added new event - Haunted Mansion. Let's see if you can find your way out
Now you can avoid falling rocks by tilting the device! But are your reflex quick enough?
You can now swim across rivers by tapping the screen repeatedly. Or be crocodile food
Improved cutscenes.
Fixed various bug.
Now with less ads.

You can update/download the app over Google Play.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 22:24:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 22:24:59