Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [BUG] SetNetworkLocalFloat naming problem in iOS

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2017 17:00
I posted this bug in the thread for the last release of AppGameKit but think it may have been too late (it was just before the new version was released) and got overlooked.

When using SetNetworkLocalFloat (Tier 1) I was setting the 'name' of the network variable to be the same as my game variable to make things easier to read. For example:

This works perfectly on Windows and Android but on iOS (a 3rd gen iPad to be precise) it causes the AGK2 player to drop dead. It turns out to be the '#' symbol in the name which is killing it. If I remove the '#' it works perfectly:

This is the first time I have used the multiplayer commands like this so cannot say whether this behaviour is new or appeared in previous versions of AGK2.

Chart data provided with kind permission from ELSPA
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2017 01:51
Tested with the Multiplayer/GettingStarted example that comes with AppGameKit and added a SetNetworkLocalFloat and GetNetworkClientFloat from host to client, worked on iOS here both sending and receiving.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 01:33:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 01:33:22