Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / A question about usage data, insights and the like...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2017 18:34 Edited at: 7th Apr 2017 12:43
Hi guys,

Since it's April now, I have been going over last years stats and usage data for various apps I've published and I was wondering if any of you guys track performance of your apps and games and how you do it? And also what metrics you record?

I have a whole load of data, but I'm unsure how much of it is helpful to me or not.

Thanks in advance

=PRoF=
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2017 11:17
Ok, that surprises me. No one here tracks any kind of performance data?

I've been recording things like number of current installs, session counts and duration, and things like number of times an interstitial ad was called, whether the user clicked "yes" or "later" when asked to rate my app on the store, that kind of thing.

I only ask here as I figured someone here has been doing it longer, and has a better idea of not only what metrics to track, but what to do with the data afterwards to turn it into something useful.

CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2017 12:14
I'm still new-ish to having released apps, but doesn't Google Play and iTunes analytics automatically cover this stuff?
I work full-time making games in AGK2 and DBpro. Living the dream!
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2017 13:35
I don't know about iTunes, but Google Play gives you lots of stats about installs (Both Total, and current on active devices); as well as in depth break downs of these based on device os version, country, app version, etc.

Amazon really only seems to give you a total downloads figure.

I use my own system to monitor things like number of sessions daily, session duration, and also insights into how users are interacting with the app/game.

I guess I was just wondering if anybody else does the same, but it seems that no one does

JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2017 14:25
AGK now natively supports Firebase

or you can use the PIWIK code that I posted a while ago if you want to use your own hosted server.
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2017 17:34
@JohnnyMeek:
I was aware of the Firebase integration into AppGameKit, but tbh I had not looked too deeply into exactly what Firebase was. The PIWIK code also looks interesting. I will look into both, thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 01:32:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 01:32:31