Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [BUG] StopSound fail to stop sounds

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2017 05:13 Edited at: 9th Apr 2017 09:21
Hello everybody.

I've found a bug, in which sounds cannot be stopped sometimes, while playing on Android.
I've tested it on Android 6, on Xperia Z3 and Alcatel Pixi 4.
I'm uncertain what causes this, but I think at certain time frame while they are playing, certain kind of sounds cannot be stopped.
The problem occurs when they are playing in loop. I can stop them fine if they are not looping.
Tried other sounds too with different length, but same bug occured.
This results in a jarring sounds bug where a jumble of sounds playing together because they can't be stopped.
I hope this problem can be fixed. Thank you.

I've included a sample project file. Please try it by broadcasting to an Android phone.
Press screen to start or stop playing sound
In this example project, at the instance where the sound failed to be stopped, I made it so the app will stuck into infinite WHILE-ENDWHILE loop, so further screen press would not do anything.
Please try to press the screen repeatedly, and catch the sound where it cannot be stopped, which is when the bug occurs. Might have to try several times to catch the bug though

Thank you.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2017 19:02
Confirmed,

Click me
PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
Scribble
Years of Service
User Offline
Is it possible that there are certain instance that the sound reached the 'end', and when we try to stop it at that point, the command failed because the sound was detected as stopped, but not marked in the AppGameKit engine as 'stopped'?
Or is there specific sound instances that had this problem? Sometimes in my other programs, the same sound played in multiple instance (because one of them cannot be stopped)
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2017 03:00
Fixed for the next version
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2017 14:17
Yay,