Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AppGameKIt V2017.4.11 Released! Reward Video commands now added!

Author
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2017 16:41
Today we're releasing AppGameKit V2017.4.11. New in this free update are reward videos, there's some new camera related commands and a host of fixes.

Here are the full details;

New Commands

Added reward video ads for both AdMob and Chartbost to Android and iOS
Added SetCameraOffCenter and SetCameraBounds commands to set an off center projection matrix

Fixes

* Fixed projects with spaces or special characters in the name failing to broadcast to Android
* Fixed projects with spaces or special characters in the name failing to debug on Windows and Linux
* Fixed SetEditBoxMaxChars on Android being off by one
* Fixed Android HTTP connections using SSL failing if multiple requests were made before closing the connection
* Fixed FacebookGetFriends sometimes failing on Android
* Fixed CloseNetwork freezing the app if it is still trying to connect
* Fixed edit boxes not clipping text properly
* Fixed DrawBox being off by one pixel in the X direction when drawing filled boxes, boxes will now be one pixel bigger in the X direction to match the Y size
* Fixed DrawLine being off by one in the Y direction when drawing horizontal lines
* Fixed SetObject3DPhysicsCanSleep not being able to re-enable sleeping after disabling it
* Fixed Windows XP failing to run the latest AppGameKit apps
* Fixed StopAllSounds and StopSound sometimes failing to stop a looping sound on Android
* Fixed missing help file for GetInAppPurchaseSignature

The recently released Plug-in system will soon be coming to Mac and Linux platforms.
Development Director
TGC Team
Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2017 17:58
Great to see all these fixes coming in, although no mention of the Tier 2 iOS templates . Does this mean that I'm the only one they're not compiling for?

Glad to hear the plugin system is on its way for Linux and OS X.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2017 20:13
The Tier 2 iOS templates compile here, what error are you getting?
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
This is really super! Thanks again Paul.
Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2017 21:35
Thanks Paul and TGC! Keep up the great work!
Download My Games for Android. Made with AGK.
Jellyfish Dive- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_JellyFishSwim
Brick Destroyer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_BrickDestroyer
Ping Bong - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_Pong_Ping_Bong
pinete
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks so so much for this superb update!!!!
much appreciated.
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2017 01:23
Excellent, great work, thank you very much !!!!
PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2017 08:08
Quote: "The Tier 2 iOS templates compile here, what error are you getting?"

OK so I just grabbed the latest update on my Mac to test it and I'm still getting the errors. Specifically I'm seeing

I've been getting this for at least the last couple of releases. Can't say when it was introduced through, because my project had been based on an older version for a while before that and I hadn't been updating it with every AppGameKit update. I get the same error in both the template and the lite template. In both cases, I can see the GoogleMobileAds framework in its folder on disk, I can see it in the Build Phases > Link Binary With Libraries list, and I can see the search path is listed in the target's Build Settings > Search Paths > Framework Search Paths, so it's not obvious to me what the problem is. However this is happening with a clean download of the template left in its install folder, without any further modifications from me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2017 11:31
You wouldn't believe how refreshing it is to see regular updates! I've been a long time user of another game dev kit/tool that's pretty much given up updating their software except only when the operating systems or ad providers make a change that break their tool.

Keep up the good work!
Alex_Peres
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2017 11:33 Edited at: 12th Apr 2017 11:51
Added: My fault! I didn't change the Core.cpp!

Windows 10 (at least) bug. Appears since V2017.03.31. In windowed mode (1366x768 - just tested on it) I have two 2 pixels black borders from the top and the bottom.
And the game-window become bigger than in V2017.02.28 by 10 pixels in width and hight (in V2017.02.28 window was 1366x768 in V2017.03.31 become 1376x778).

Added: But if I start game from fullscreen mode and than change it to windowed - everything is fine (1366x768)!

Added: My fault! I didn't change the Core.cpp!

P.S. Thank you for the XP support Paul!!!
Alex_Peres
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2017 12:27
Another question: may I have MaximizeBox with SetWindowAllowResize(0). I use to use it as easiest way to set my window to the fullscreen mode (changing the Core.cpp)... But now I can not do anything with it...
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2017 13:52
Quote: "ld: framework not found GoogleMobileAds"

I had something similar happen in the past where the framework looked like it was added correctly but said it couldn't be found. Removing and re-adding it seemed to fix it, not sure why. I don't know why it would be happening for you and not me with the same project and files.

Quote: "may I have MaximizeBox with SetWindowAllowResize(0)"

Since people specifically asked for the opposite, and it makes sense to disable maximizing when disabling resizing, I don't think we can do that. You could maximize it in code with MaximizeWindow though.
Ranietz
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2017 15:14
SetWindowAllowResize( 0 ) still does nothing on Linux Mint 18.1.
I also get graphical glitches on blank parts of the screen (parts which are not covered by any sprites) when resizing the window. Although that could be my graphics card.

There's thread about it here: https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/219124
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2017 17:35
Quote: "SetWindowAllowResize( 0 ) still does nothing on Linux Mint 18.1."

It is currently an empty function on Linux, it's on my list of things to do, just need to work out how to do it.
Alex_Peres
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2017 18:15
I've spent 4 hours to find the bug...
if (msg.message == 799) continue; // this is sent just after a change to fullscreen mode and for some reason sets it back to windowed mode
Because of this line - I can not move my window and cann't close it or minimize after I turn to windowed mode from fullscreen mode. The window become freezed.
Ranietz
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2017 20:51
Quote: "Quote: "SetWindowAllowResize( 0 ) still does nothing on Linux Mint 18.1."

It is currently an empty function on Linux, it's on my list of things to do, just need to work out how to do it.
"

It's good to know it's on your to do list. Thanks Paul.
Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2017 20:59
Thank you!

[/url]
tboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2017 21:00
Thank you Paul!
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2017 21:09
Thank you!
Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2017 22:14
Quote: "I had something similar happen in the past where the framework looked like it was added correctly but said it couldn't be found. Removing and re-adding it seemed to fix it, not sure why. I don't know why it would be happening for you and not me with the same project and files."

It all seems very odd. I tried removing and adding the framework again but it didn't help. However I then deleted all the templates in the apps folder and installed them again from AGK. On opening the projects, they were still showing the error, but then when I recompiled again, they worked. Most odd. Oh well, so long as it's working now I guess! Thanks for your help anyway.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2017 01:25
Quote: "Because of this line - I can not move my window and cann't close it or minimize after I turn to windowed mode from fullscreen mode."

Tested with the following code which works for me

I don't know what message 799 does, it doesn't seem to be documented by Microsoft, but I did a quick test to see if that line is still necessary and it appears that a recent fix may have also fixed this issue. So you should be able to remove the line that ignores this message anyway.
Stab in the Dark software
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Badges, I don't need no stinkin badges
Posted: 13th Apr 2017 13:17
Quote: "* Fixed SetObject3DPhysicsCanSleep not being able to re-enable sleeping after disabling it"

Seems that this has broken all the 3D physics. See thread

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/219305
The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2017 15:00
Quote: "broken all the 3D physics"

All? You mean objects that use SetObject3DPhysicsCanSleep with mode 1. I've fixed this for the next version.
Alex_Peres
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2017 15:08
My code doesn't work properly with this line. So I'll just comment it and will test later on many machines...
AndrewsInnovations
Years of Service
User Offline
This is a feature that I've been waiting for. Thanks so much!!
lumni
Years of Service
User Offline
excellent, I have been waiting for this feature since forever ! thanks !
Qugurun
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AppGameKit
Posted: 20th Apr 2017 23:47 Edited at: 21st Apr 2017 07:08
- delete
https://www.instagram.com/qugurun/
Stab in the Dark software
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Badges, I don't need no stinkin badges
Posted: 21st Apr 2017 14:38
3D physics still broken!
The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 04:20:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 04:20:54