Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Amazon IAP no longer supports version 1.0, what version does AGK use?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2017 07:44
Hi,

Amazon has indicated that IAP v1.0 will no longer be supported for new or updated apps, what version of the Amazon IAP does the latest version of AppGameKit use, 1 or 2? If it is 2, in what version of AppGameKit was it introduced in?

In-App Purchasing (IAP) v1.0 is now deprecated and has been replaced by IAP v2.0. The updated version of the IAP API enables your apps to retrieve unfulfilled consumable items, to notify Amazon upon fulfillment of consumable purchases, and to provide unique transaction IDs.

Regards,

Kevin
Kevin
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2017 15:42 Edited at: 21st Apr 2017 15:47
I think it's quite important that we have easy access to data like this. It should perhaps be listed in the command documentation somewhere?

But now, the help docs simply say the command is only supported on Android and iOS. No mention of Amazon at all.

>Edit<
I just read through the guide for IAP in the guides section of the help, which does say about Amazon, but doesn't give any idea of the version number used.
tmu
Years of Service
User Offline
You could probably attach the ADB LogCat console to your device, try to run some IAP's and see what the logs say to see if it is a deprecated version.

But of course, you should not be required to go down such path to get this information. Same for Google Play services as well as IAP's, and all the iOS libs.
Wilf
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2017 13:12
SpinieBop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2017 07:22
Thanks for answering my question.

Kevin
Kevin