Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Block Mode (Big Game)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Guys

Wow, I can't believe this forum is still here. Good to see some ol' faces still around!

Anyway, I'm at the start of making a new development and my game will run like this:
Launch Level 1 Executable - Play - Upon Completion quit and an external executable will load Level 2, which will be executable 2. So the game will basically be:

Level1.exe, Level2.exe, Level3.exe (all compiled games). I remember we had a 'block' mode where I could compile ALL the textures the game will use into a single map and this saves having to reproduce an individual set of folders and lightmaps for each level. What's the best way for me to do this?

Shall I create a level and compile it that way when I add a new level (full compiled executable) I can just drop the exe and the map into the existing folder? I hope this makes sense.

Cheers,
Danny
// EOF
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2017 01:23
Sting I maybe be wrong in understanding what your looking for, but I think this is
what your after ???
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/167674
Or maybe this ???
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/170920
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Sting
Years of Service
User Offline
That's the one ncmako. I found Defy's guide shortly after posting this, I remembered there was something but his is way overkill in explanation. I'll go with the first thread.

Cheers
// EOF

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 23:41:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 23:41:47