Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [BUG] crash on iOS when starting app/game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
My game crashes on iOS when run on real device and installed from TestFlight. It did not use to do this so I am not sure what changed. I get no error message, the game just starts, loads up, and dumps back to iOS main menu screen. I can then restart the game and it will load up, crash back to iOS main menu and so on. Repeat forever if you like.

The xcode device log shows this error:

It is maybe related to some in-app purchase stuff. I cannot quite figure out which, since I get no error message. I do call GetInAppPurchaseLocalPrice() several times after the app has booted up to load up the localized prices. When I run the game locally with broadcast on the same device, it does not crash. But it also never manages to load any of the pricing information in the broadcast scenario, likely because it does not have some right signature on the app itself or something. So this only happens with the actual valid IAP codes set up and the calls made when running the game from TestFlight. Or it could be anything else, just my guess on the information I have..

This kind of stops me from submitting the game to the app store at all now..
tmu
Years of Service
User Offline
OK, little more testing and little more information.

If I cancel all sign-in requests on bootup, the game does not crash. The prices also load fine so that is not a problem. If I then go purchase some IAP's, it prompts for login, purchase works fine and complete no problem.

Now, if I click on my "restore purchases" button, it calls the InAppPurchaseRestore() function. This causes the crash again. I also call this on bootup, so my guess is, this call is what causes the crash.

Looking at the AppGameKit changelog, version Build 2017.03.31 states "Fixed InAppPurchaseRestore causing a crash on iOS". So it seems perhaps this "fix" actually makes the function crash for me now.

Is there some way for me to downgrade AppGameKit to try a quick fix? I have the steam version..
tmu
Years of Service
User Offline
I found a way to restore older version in Steam by going to "properties" and selecting a beta release for 2017.02.28.

Unfortunately the beta releases on Steam for AppGameKit seem to be only available for Windows. On OSX Steam just complains about missing executable. On Windows I managed to revert to 2017.02.28 but this only tells me that "export to IAP is only available on OSX".

Also, I changed my game to only call InAppPurchaseRestore when the "restore purchases" button is pressed. So now the game boots up fine and only crashes when the button is pressed. But I cannot revert to older version of AppGameKit to fix the crash..
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2017 12:10
Fixed for the next version

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 04:09:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 04:09:38