Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Concentration Game DBC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2017 00:51 Edited at: 24th Apr 2017 01:14
Looking for ways to compact the code. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
The code follows this post The media files are attached. The media files have to
be added to the folder the program is saved into.
Happy Trails

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Brazos
Years of Service
User Offline
Happy Trails
mhd256
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Brazos. I would like to help, but I need you to help me now. I need darkbasic classic. Can you send it to me. The dbc forums aren't very active, I have seen you are becoming active here, posting stuff. Mostly silence in this part of forums. So, please send me dbc. Zip it and email to me if size is not too big roboticmehdi@yahoo.co.uk , or upload it somewhere and give the link. Wow you are and old member. since 2003.
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2017 23:09
Brazos, I downloaded the media and copy/pasted the code into DBC, but it keeps giving me an error, saying unknown command at line 2. Line 2 is gosub setup, which is a valid command and setup is a valid label. I have tried downloading it twice with the same results. It is definitely weird. I will keep trying to figure this out

So many games to code.....so little time.
Brazos
Years of Service
User Offline
@ LBFN
I downloaded the code from this post and it worked fine on my computer. The gosub set up command is on line
1 and not 2 as you stated. That should not make any difference though. I'm not sure what the problem might be.
I'm sorry the error is happening.
Happy Trails
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2017 04:03
I've tried and tried and it simply won't run. Sorry I can't be more help.

Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
LBFN,

I didn't notice any screen resolutions being set in the code. I think the default for DBC is 640x480 at 16 bit . Could it be your computer won't support that resolution?

Enjoy your day.
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2017 23:41
I do not know what is going on with my DBC, but something weird is definitely happening. I downloaded Brazos' media and ran the program and this time it worked, for one selection. After the first selection turned the tiles, my computer locked up. I couldn't get ESC or F12 to get out, heck, I couldn't even get Control-Alt-Delete to work. Maybe it is a Windows 10 thing. DB Pro works great without issue.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 12:06:34
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 12:06:34