Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Free provisioning on iOS with Tier 1?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

Since Apple have made it possible to test projects on your own phone using a free provisioning profile and XCode (thus works for Tier 2), I was wondering if there's a way to do this also for Tier 1?

What I mean is that I don't want to spend the money to enrol in the Apple developer program if I don't have to and at this point I am writing games that I want to play only on my own phone (not through broadcast but as proper apps).

Can this be done with AppGameKit Tier 1?

Thanks
tmu
Years of Service
User Offline
Have you tried using the "free provisioning profile" as parameter in the AppGameKit "export iOS IPA" functionality, then use the exported IPA to install on device?
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2017 08:14
You can also download the AppGameKit player from the iTunes store..

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/agk-2-player/id1071731293?mt=8

Getafix
Years of Service
User Offline
tmu: The profile has to be a .mobileprovision and I don't know how to generate that from my free profile - all guides say to do so through the developer portal but I don't have access to that as I am not a paid-up developer. AppGameKit won't accept a .p12 or .cer which is all I can export from keychain. I think that's what you were asking, right? I did try and make an app in Tier 2 and use the .mobileprovision contained within it when building a Tier 1 app (same name, etc.), but that didn't work. FWIW, I have seen a couple of other engines that seem to do what I want so I think it's possible but I have not tried using them to make sure it works. Spending the $100 or whatever isn't the end of the world but it would be nice if I didn't have to.

JohnnyMeek: Yes, and the player works great (it still blows me and everyone I show it to away )! I would, however, like to have "native" apps on my phone that I can switch between when I am away from my Mac.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 19:55:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 19:55:01