Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Debug on windows local pc not working for me

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

Run and Broadcast works but debug, on the local machine, doesn't work for me on Windows. If I set the IP address to that of my phone, then I can debug and that works fine.
The "player" (do I have the terminology right?) that's in "...\steamapps\common\App Game Kit 2\Players\Windows\Windows.exe", on my PC (the same PC I can run and broadcast from) doesn't run for me. When I start it, it quits after less than a second. No display or anything ever comes up. I suspect that's why the debugging doesn't work? I have tried this .exe on another windows machine (so I can broadcast to another PC in order to test networking) and it didn't run on that PC either.

My thinking is that this windows.exe is the equivalent of the AppGameKit Player I downloaded from the App Store, but just for Windows PC's? Am I missing something? My windows is Windows 10, Version 1703 Build 15063.138.

Thanks
Zagaroth
Years of Service
User Offline
I had a similar issue which was fixed by downloading the following file.
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/219303?page=2#msg2600442
Getafix
Years of Service
User Offline
Zagaroth: Thanks. Sadly this did not work for me. That windows.exe also just quits after a second without ever showing anything on-screen.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2017 08:32
You should clear out the working directory in case there is anything in there affecting it.
For debug the path is slightly different (which is why it may be running differently in Run and Broadcast modes). In Windows the path is:

C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\AGKApps\Windows\<Project>
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Getafix
Years of Service
User Offline
It just occurred to me that I have Bitdefender on all of my PCs and it was indeed Bitdefender that silently disallowed windows.exe from executing because it saw it as a potential threat.

Added an exception to Bitdefender and my issue is now solved

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:52:55
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:52:55