Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Red cross when trying to load an image.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2017 13:00
hello

So a couple of days ago I bought AppGameKit unlimited.I always wanted to learn how to program an app so here I am. I already know a couple of things. Now I'm at the part of the guide where it teaches you how to load an image. My code looks like this:
-----------------------------------------------

SetVirtualResolution( 1024, 768 )
LoadImage(1,"oke")
CreateSprite(1,1)
do
Sync()
loop
----------------------------------------------
So it looks exactly like shown in the guide. When I run the code, a white kind of box with a red cross appears in the left corner.The image sits in the media folder, I've tried putting '.png' behind both the image and the code but still the red cross. (working on windows 7)

Greetings
JustinC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2017 14:38
I found the problem. Just in case somebody has the same problem, just make sure you put '.png' behind the name in your code, BUT don't put it behind the name from the image in you media folder since windows doesn't show the '.png' and otherwise the picture will be called 'imagename.png.png'.
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2017 18:49
in windows 'file explorer options' (or folder settings) find and untick the "hide extensions for known file types"
life\'s one big game
spec= 2.6ghz, 1gb ram, 512mb gpu, directx 9.0c, dbpro and classic

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 03:32:42
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 03:32:42