Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / distorted audio

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2017 22:32
My PC audio is connected using a toslink cable into the receiver, as has been the case for years. But never have I had this issue: after a while (a couple of seconds, up to a minute) the audio becomes distorted.
Audio from PC->Headphones works great, My PS4->Receiver (also using toslink) works fine as well. Even when I try to use the same cable from the PC.

I'm guessing it is a Windows issue, but what could cause it?
IS that a game, a program, or 3 year old drawing.
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2017 11:08 Edited at: 7th May 2017 11:26
I can go here, click 'Test', and the soundcard will send a signal check to all speakers. After which the audio is fine for a few seconds before again becoming distorted..

Edit:
After changing usb port it works fine (audio card is external). No clue as to why this solved my issue though.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2017 18:13
Have you tried rebooting first? Switching USB ports may have simply reinitialized something in the software that's been corrupted in memory. Just a guess.

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
Seditious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2017 20:46 Edited at: 7th May 2017 20:47
It may have been improperly configured, and using a different USB port reconfigured it.

or maybe it is because it always afraided from a clowns aww...

oh and + folders
imagine going to a wedding and farting on the corpse lol - Seditious, 2016
(Formerly known as Benjamin until he lost access to his account)
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2017 20:45
I tried rebooting the computer too, because isn't that almost always the solution I first noticed the problem after I connected an xbox controller and it automatically installed some drivers, but to be honest I had not used the PC (or rather the audio) for a few days until that point.

Benjamins guess seem logical, in that windows reconfigured it after swapping USB ports. That oh and + folders aww... :S

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:05:08
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:05:08