Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Partial emissive object

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a 3D ship model and I want it to shine only through the windows.
So, If i use SetObjectColorEmissive(), the whole model shines. I´ve trying to use a combination of SetImageTransparentColor() with a certain color in the windows area texture but It didn´t make any difference. So, It is a way, without using shaders, that a texture could hide an area of an objet from being emissive? Any other suggestions?

Thanks.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2017 23:00
Maybe make the windows semi-transparent and put a light inside the model
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2017 14:43
Quote: "Maybe make the windows semi-transparent and put a light inside the model"

Or maybe make the windows separate objects (limbs) and make them emissive.
Signature removed by mod because it's larger than 600x120... please resize and try again.
nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2017 00:09
Or as meshes, so the ObjectMesh commands can be used.
Failing that, just make it a completely separate model and fixObjectToObject() will give you complete separation.

Look at my space sim thing in the showcase and you'll see exactly this - a ship with a separate window

Bethleem
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you all.

Windows are not a real thing, just a drawing in the texture. I was hoping something like an emission map, but will return to edit the whoooole pack of models and add some additional mesh for the windows.
nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2017 20:33
It's kind of a think ahead thing with sub mesh transparency. You are always going to have to render the glass or whatever in a different method, so allow for it at design time.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 05:22:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 05:22:51