Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Does anybody know which button is start on a new Shield controller?

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2017 18:00
A quick reply would be really helpful

The button I'm looking for is the same that would work as Start on an 360 controller or Back on an Android device. I'm guessing the one with a circle on?

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2017 20:57
That looks horribly uncomfortable! This was all I can find, don't think they're the same though.

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2017 21:28
Phaelax:
From the reviews I have read it's actually comfortable and it's apparently better than the old one.

The picture you have there is the old models, the bottom one is the handheld. The back button is likely going to be the one that opens up the menu on the old models. Apparently they have a Start button, the one in the center. I need to get a hold of one of them to make sure.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2017 07:05
Thanks blink0k, but that's the old controller

A new Shield was released this year with a brand new controller.

I should be able to get my hands on one (or three) this week.
Alien Menace
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2017 20:08 Edited at: 18th May 2017 20:13
Functionally I believe those buttons are back, start, and exit. I think the middle one registers as START and the last one exits the app meaning it may not be mappable. I can check on the first one and verify the middle one when I get home. I had the same concerns with new new controller but I find it to be fairly comfortable actually.
I love my Altair 8800 Replica.

http://altairclone.com/

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 10:19:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 10:19:39