Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / for Team Developers

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2017 17:29
Hi,
these questions are for AppGameKit Team Developer:

1) It 's in the developer plans to create commands for the augmented reality in AppGameKit ?
2) there is a roadmap of future fatures for AppGameKit ?

thank you very much.

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 16th May 2017 06:10
I'm not from TGC but I'll do my best to answer your questions.

1. I've never seen anything from TGC saying they will have inbuilt commands, however I believe several users have used the existing AppGameKit commands to create AR games. Not too sure about that, I just know I've seen a few posts talking about AR. Actually I was thinking about VR, not AR. I doubt AR is going to feasible any time soon, but VR is alive and kicking

2. Here it is: http://www.thegamecreators.com/post/appgamekit-development-road-map

A few of them have already been completed (video adverts, DLL import, )

My Games - Latest WIP - My Website: Immortal.Digital - FB - Twitter
130,000 installs with AppGameKit and counting
darzon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2017 17:45
thank you very much easter bunny
I think that VR is too immature tecnology instead AR is more live .
I think this for Two main reasons:

1) to create application AR I need only a Webcam or Smartphone. that everyone have. for VR I need a visor that is too much expensive.
2) more problem opened to solve with VR first of all motion sickness and powerful Computer to execute application.

but this is only my opnion.

thank you .
Waiting news from TCG Creator.

CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2017 19:32
You can easily render the camera to an image and overlay sprites / 3d objects etc. Couple this with some motion tracking (yes, there are built in commands for this too), and you've got yourself a simple AR thing happening. Pattern recognition to interact with real-world objects is more tricky, but no reason it can't be done with the existing set of commands.

Several users have had success building "Cardboard" style VR apps, and proper VR support is on the roadmap

It's even possible to combine the two technologies and have augmented VR! Render the camera to two images side-by-side and overlay with 3d goodies. It works and is fun!
tmu
Years of Service
User Offline
I have not used AppGameKit for AR myself, but if you can get a continous image stream from camera, put it in background, and draw your sprites / objects on top of that, I would expect that to be as much "AR" as it mostly is today. Like Pokemon Go style. If you wanted some advanced image recognition etc from the live camera stream in AppGameKit, that might be less feasible with AGK.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 14:10:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 14:10:59