Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Who would you like to replace in old movies?

Author
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2017 13:41
This is a just for fun thread. After reading an article about some actors that were considered for various movies, such as Will Smith to play Neo in Matrix (he opted to do wild west instead), I thought it'd be fun to see who you guys would have liked to have seen in those movies instead. Maybe Arnold could replace brendan fraser in Encino Man? Or maybe billy bob thorton as the lead in good, bad, the ugly? What would you like to see with a different actor? And don't say samuel L jackson, he's in enough movies already!

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2017 15:39
In the end, all actors are really just characters played by Sam L
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2017 23:57 Edited at: 17th May 2017 23:57
Maybe David Hasselhoff as Andy Dufrane in Shawshank Redemption?

Or Adam Sandler as a dead body in CSI? (It's a part with no lines, he'd immediately be more likable)

Maybe One Direction instead of Tenacious D in the Tenacious D Movie?

Though for more serious answers, I would have cast somebody different to Adam Sandler in Anger Management, it was a brilliant movie, mainly because of Jack Nicholson...and even Woody Harrelson (even if a small part) but I think they could have had somebody else for the main part. Not sure whom...though. Somebody who can do "repressed" well.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2017 00:57
I was with you until you said replace the D. Never speak of replacing the two kings with anyone less than Dio!

What about Owen Wilson in anger management?

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: (Hide and) Seek and Destroy on my guitar!
Posted: 18th May 2017 18:30
I would replace Ed Skrein with Jason Statham in Transporter 4, cuz' let's face it...Jason has that role written all over him. Not saying that Ed is a bad actor, but it just doesn't fit seeing another actor doing that role, lol. Vin Diesel would also fit as a substitute for playing the Transporter character.

A bit off topic...I would really like for them to make a sequel to the movie 'I am number four'! Really enjoyed that movie. Still many questions unanswered in that movie, imo.
Quote: \"Close those quotes before they start to spread!...too late! Aaaaaagh!!!
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2017 22:08
I can't see vin diesel as the transporter. The transporter has a certain level of class, some eloquence. Diesel is not those things.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2017 23:03
Quote: "I was with you until you said replace the D. Never speak of replacing the two kings with anyone less than Dio!"

And heck, even Dio wants to listen to the Tenacious D.

Quote: "What about Owen Wilson in anger management?"

Actually, I could get behind an Owen Wilson fill that role. It would have been the right era and the right sort of humour and not painful like Adam Sandler. Though he is a bit off the wall and spacey, but he could still do it I reckon. Heck a Jim Carey could work, he's proved he can do serious roles and I think he could balance the humour and seriousness without having to act "over-the-top" like with Ace Ventura and The Mask, I think Bruce Almighty showed that. He could tone it down enough. And a Jim Carey flipping out could be fun when Adam Sandler's character loses his cool.

Quote: "I can't see vin diesel as the transporter. The transporter has a certain level of class, some eloquence. Diesel is not those things."

What about Vinnie Jones?
The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: (Hide and) Seek and Destroy on my guitar!
Posted: 20th May 2017 16:10
Quote: "I can't see vin diesel as the transporter. The transporter has a certain level of class, some eloquence. Diesel is not those things."

Hmm, now that you mention it...you're right.
Quote: \"Close those quotes before they start to spread!...too late! Aaaaaagh!!!
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 20th May 2017 17:06
Quote: "Actually, I could get behind an Owen Wilson fill that role. It would have been the right era and the right sort of humour and not painful like Adam Sandler. Though he is a bit off the wall and spacey, but he could still do it I reckon. Heck a Jim Carey could work, he's proved he can do serious roles and I think he could balance the humour and seriousness without having to act "over-the-top" like with Ace Ventura and The Mask, I think Bruce Almighty showed that. He could tone it down enough. And a Jim Carey flipping out could be fun when Adam Sandler's character loses his cool."

How about Robin Williams then?
"Giraffe is soft, Gorilla is hard." - Phaelax
Kevin Picone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2017 17:15
replace Jar Jar Binks with Jim Carrey or weird al yankovic

PlayBASIC To HTML5/WEB - Convert PlayBASIC To Machine Code
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2017 06:12
I like vinnie jones..... when he's not that god awful juggernaut.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2017 15:52
Jar Jar with Wierd Al could be...interesting. I'd back it.

As for Vinnie Jones, he did a CPR PSA for the British Heart Foundation that was quite amusing:

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2017 20:25
lol that was hilarious.

Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2017 02:44
That commercial is awesome!
Senior Software Engineer - RotoGrinders

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 06:38:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 06:38:31