Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Gameguru loader doubt

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a doubt about gameguru loader in AGK. In the product page I can read the converter it´s only for windows systems, and that´s ok. But once you convert the level, the shadows and the water loaded in agk tier1, would they work in all the multiplatform outputs of AppGameKit tier1? Reading gameguru page you get to say no, but the water shader video says "work on both mobiles and desktops".
And the shadows, are baked or real time dynamics? Are they only for levels or characters and objects would also have a shadow?

Thank you.
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2017 18:08
I don't have the GameGuro Loader.
I thought you get the source code of it so you should be able to run it on your smart phones...not sure...
But I'm sure that the shadows are also dynamic and including level and characters as I made a decent part of the shader, but you might need a good smart phone to run it smooth.

Using AGKv2 Tier1
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2017 12:40 Edited at: 25th May 2017 12:42
The shadows are dynamic (for objects and characters)... but it also supports baked shadows (it can build shadow maps during first run by adjusting some settings in the Tier 1 loader). Beautiful water, shadows, bloom, lens flare, fog etc. are all multi-platform. Works with Windows, Android and Apple (I haven't tried on i-Stuff, but should be fine there too). Hopefully Preben will see this post and give you more details, but it is really... REALLY good. (Wish I had more free time to make something with it!).
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2017 13:26
shadows are sun only though for now (lights don't cast shadows) but otherwise yh they work on all objects.
the resulting AppGameKit project works in everything that AppGameKit does as it requires no plugins or anything etc but GG loader itself (the program used to initially get your project converted to AppGameKit code) only works in windows.
life\'s one big game
spec= 2.6ghz, 1gb ram, 512mb gpu, directx 9.0c, dbpro and classic
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2017 22:43 Edited at: 25th May 2017 23:14
Bethleem:

Yes the converter is Windows only, thats mainly because GameGuru is only for Windows, so you need Windows to get the media anyway. Everything else will work on ALL platforms, and include water shader, real-time shadows (for all characters and objects) or baked shadows you decide, by default real-time shadows is enabled. Only WebGL is still not 100% automated, you need to enable real-time shadows yourself when you compile for HTML5, I’m working on a automated version for this also, All the code is ready so you can enable it yourself if you need to release a HTML5 game that include real-time shadow tomorrow , you simply just edit 5 shaders and enable “#define WEBGLVERSION” and it will also work in WebGL, i will try to make this automated for the next release. On ALL other platforms it will work out of the box with no changes.

Quote: "Reading gameguru page…"

Im also making “special” version of the shaders only for GameGuru (DX9-11), they will only work in GameGuru / Windows this is not the same shaders included in GameGuru Loader, thats why it might be confusing if you read on the GameGuru forum, ALL the shaders in GameGuru Loader will work on all platforms, so have no doubt about that.

TECH: Normally real-time shadows is not really fast enough on mobile devices/HTML5, the reason GameGuru Loader is able to do this, is the design of the shadow shader, it will decrease shadow samples (real-time) depending of distance, so far away it only use 1 shadow sample (you can’t see it anyway, and its fast) and close up it use up to 18 samples so it looks really great, it use a mix a poisson samples and pcf. You can also adjust a AppGameKit parameter for speed vs quality so you get it like you want.

Here is a few videos to show you the shadows / water on Windows/Mac/iPad also work on all other platforms, sorry about the quality of the videos, i never really learned to do proper videos

Real-time shadows:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5W_Lx_vuG8

Real-time shadows on iPad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBPG_YjpJic

Water on iPad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GJMdX7Yl5A

How to convert your levels, i use GameGuru and the converter on windows and run AppGameKit and GameGuru Loader on my Mac:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh10jZTIyW4

Let me know if you have any questions,
best regards Preben Eriksen,
Bethleem
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow. The video with water AND shadows running on a iPad is just a dealmaker.

Thanks everybody for the help!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 09:12:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 09:12:54