Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Looking Back

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey!

Not all of you remember me, but probably some of you do. I spent some pubsecent and prepubescent time on these forums, attempting to create games but always looking for lazy ways, I remember that I had pretty much stopped making games for the last time of my time here, and was merely posting screens whenever to show that I still somewhat used the program, but mainly, I sifted the forums through, enjoying myself in the little groupette that we had formed around Lee's software, namely, X9. It was a pleasant experience, and looking back, I was a quite demanding pushy little boy, perhaps to the point where I realize I came off as a push-over, and not the innocent child I was. I've recently came back, fired up and downloaded all the model packs, with a nostalgic rhythm, remembering even how long it took to download each model pack or even the software, whereas now in a few hours I had everything set up and ready.

I think I'll stick around for a while, I'm not quite ascertained of the stability of Reloaded, or how the younger folks call it, Game-Guru (Which sounds like some underhanded product if I say so myself, I prefer the former name.) But hey. It's nice to know you're still here, in whatever shape you may be. And I'm happy to still remember the good times I've spent here. Hey, maybe with the knoweldge and maturity that's come to me through the years I can finally make something to give back that's of some relevance, either via a small model pack or through a small game for your enjoyment.

While I'm here, and to make sure I don't break the AUP, which I believe I only broke once in my whole stay,
Does anyone know if FPSC accepts and renders textures higher than 512 on segments? Or is there a forced in-engine reduction? I'm asking as I'm interested in using 1024, or 2048 textures.
And a similar albeit backwards question;
Does FPSC render 256x textures?
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 25th May 2017 01:09
I think I remember You, kind of... No, seriously the answer to Your questions is Yes, FPSC does render 1024, 2048 textures...
Quote: "Does FPSC render 256x textures?"

Yes, ofcourse...
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2017 09:19
I have tried 8k textures in FPSC from the GG forums and they work pretty well (unless you make everythinh 8k).
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
So as to not make a new thread-- Anyone's got a functioning link to a quick model creator to import objects and their texture to FPSC?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2017 10:35
DarkJames If I understand correctly, your wanting software that creates the files needed for use in fpsc?
Firma2 is still around (for signs,segments & overlays) then there's Entity Workshop for creating mostly static
entities...http://games.alyssar.nl/entityworkshop/
Also, if you have Black Ice mod there some additional tools included now in the "tools" folder.
(a sky maker, Model Maker2, and a few others)
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2017 17:07
Hey DarkJames I think I remember you.
I too kind of popped back to FPSC for nostalgia's sake and decided to return with the PBR shader project that I had been messing around with since around 2012 or 2013 and released as a gift of thanks to the community for all of the fun times I had here. I hope it teaches the few still around some new things about how stuff's been done for the better part of a decade now.
I miss being a little 12 year old kid messing around with FPSC, experimenting with all sorts of things in it and showing it to friends here and at school. They even still bring it up too.
I kind of wish I had made a half decent project to show what I had done haha. I always had tons of ideas I never realised. Now I'm too busy to try and make anything with it.
Luckily I have all of my stuff from way back when and occasionally revisit it for a smile or too. I'll never forget FPSC.
If something compiles on the first try. Something is terribly wrong.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 20:57:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 20:57:51