Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Is there something like ProgramParameter() and CountProgramParameters()

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2017 08:14
I am often thinking about openen some filetypes with my own AppGameKit program. Like JPEG, PNG or maybe 3D files. Creating a little viewer for some filetypes. Or be able to open my own level files, spine/spriter animations etc.

The work arround with PureBasic would be, to associate the filetypes with a PureBasic-Executable and run out of the PureBasic program the AppGameKit program and write the parameters into a file and then run the AppGameKit program and read from that file.
But it is not the way it should be. And it needed the PureBasic program and it works maybe only on my PC. It would be also not save like in a Sandbox.

My question is, how would I open an unknwon file with my own AppGameKit program.

Syntax with the AppGameKit program could be: MyProgram.exe MyText.txt /FAST "Special Mode" (from PureBasic help)

Thanks for help.
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2017 17:23
Here is a small plugin for windows only to get command line params

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service