Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Player for AndroidTV?

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2017 19:20
surprisingly it looks as though the AppGameKit Player on Google Play is not compatible with Android TV (Nvidia Shield)... any plans to update the player to support this platform?
I love my Altair 8800 Replica.

http://altairclone.com/
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2017 12:44
Ooooh, that'd be interesting...
Help out a fellow dev! Download and rate my games! They're free!

Wizzed Off! - (Android) (iOS)
God of Thunder - (Android) (iOS)
Extreme Lawn Mowing - (Android) (iOS)
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2017 15:13
It should run on all platforms, does it give any details about what needs to change to be compatible? Sometimes the APK needs to target a particular version number to guarantee support for a particular device, so if your APK targets Android 2.3 it may be listed as incompatible.
Alien Menace
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2017 05:38
It looks like it requires a couple of extra things to be done in order to enable Apps to work with AndroidTV devices:

This is an excerpt from: https://developer.android.com/distribute/best-practices/launch/distribute-tv.html

4. Opt-in to Android TV and publish
When you've built your release-ready APK and tested to ensure that it meets all of the TV app quality guidelines, upload it to the Google Play Console. Update your store listing with TV screenshots and a TV banner, and set distribution options as needed. If you aren't familiar with how to prepare for launch on Google Play, see the Launch Checklist.

Before you can publish to Android TV users, you need to opt-in to Android TV from the Pricing and Distribution section of the Play Console. Opt-in means that you want your app to be made available to Android TV users through Google Play, and that your app meets the TV app quality guidelines.

You can opt-in only if your app meets two preliminary quality criteria that are automatically checked on APK upload:

Your app manifest must include an intent type of ACTION_MAIN with category CATEGORY_LEANBACK_LAUNCHER. Learn more here.
Your app must declare that it does not require a touchscreen. The manifest must declare the android.hardware.touchscreen hardware with android:required="false". Learn more here.
If your app meets the preliminary criteria, you’ll see an opt-in checkbox for Android TV, as shown below. If the opt-in checkbox is not enabled, review your APK to ensure it meets the preliminary criteria.

After you opt-in and save the changes, you can publish your app as usual. Before making the app available to Android TV users, Google Play submits your app for review against the TV app quality guidelines and notifies you of the result. See the next section for details on how to track the approval status of your app.

If your app meets the TV app quality guidelines, Google Play makes that app available to Android TV users. Your app is also eligible for higher-visibility featuring in app collections and promotions. To let users everywhere know that your app is designed for Android TV, Google Play decorates the app’s store listing with a TV badge.

Note that opt-in and review do not affect the availability of your app to other devices in Google Play Store — on phones and tablets, for example, your app is available as soon as you publish.

Here are the steps to opt-in to Android TV in the Google Play Console:

Make sure your app meets all TV app quality guidelines.
Add TV screenshots and banner graphic to the app’s store listing.
In the All Applications page, click the app you want to opt-in.
Under Pricing and Distribution, scroll down to find Android TV and the opt-in checkbox.
Click the checkbox next to Distribute your app to Android TV.
Click Save to save your changes.

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2017 17:03
You may be able to make these modifications to the export process. Find the manifest.xml file in "Tier 1\Editor\data\android\sourceGoogle" and modify it as they suggest. Make sure you do not add anything above the first line, like permissions, etc, as these will be added by the export process.
Alien Menace
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2017 14:29
Ok, I can give it a shot. Might make sense to make the needed changes to the player app that you submit so it shows up in the store.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 03:20:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 03:20:24