Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Possible bug with GetPointerPressed - android

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2017 22:32
I've been experiencing an intermittent bug with GetPointerPressed on Android (HTC One, mini 2) with the latest build. Sometimes it works as expected, others it will not return anything even when tapping the screen like a madman. I'm not sure if it is something to do with the get raw touch commands, maybe something conflicting, as I was using both in my app. Since compiling with the latest build, I've been having this issue so have replaced getpointerpressed with a raw equivalent which is working fine. I tried to re-create the problem in a little snippet, but couldn't (sorry!) so ... just a heads up that there might be something wrong.

CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2017 03:05
Is there anything delaying the main loop in which you're checking for the GetPointerPressed state, CJB?

I ran into something similar years ago with DBpro and it's MOUSECLICK() command. Turned out I had a for/next loop in there that was running on each main loop iteration and it meant that the actual check for a click event was only taking place every 3 frames or so, making it kind of "hit and miss"
Help out a fellow dev! Download and rate my games! They're free!

Wizzed Off! - (Android) (iOS)
God of Thunder - (Android) (iOS)
Extreme Lawn Mowing - (Android) (iOS)
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2017 09:04
Do you accidentally check for a pointer press twice a cycle?
Signature removed by mod because it's larger than 600x120... please resize and try again.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 03:36:47
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 03:36:47