Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Looking to jump ship

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi I just found the AppGameKit and it looks good. I'm currently using Blitz3D(syntax looks similar) and am looking to jump ship as the future of blitz is not so bright.

Here is a link to my Blitz project that I am hoping to find a new home for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uez37DRINIE
Ive not seen a huge amount of 3D stuff done in the AppGameKit, So will I have problems getting this to work in it?(Forgetting the effort to translate the code)
Also my other questions is, is the AppGameKit 64bit?(If not will it be in the future)
Thanks
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2017 10:19
Hi Grindalf,

Thanks for contacting us. I think your game should be possible in AppGameKit. The 3D commands are significant in AppGameKit and we have new shadows and 3D particles coming soon. If there are omissions that we don't yet cover then I'd like to hear your thoughts on that.

AppGameKit will be 32 and 64 bit in the next update.

Rick
Development Director
TGC Team
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2017 10:41 Edited at: 15th Jun 2017 10:46
blitz 3d had much more commands than agk and a different concept.
you can do this project in agk but not that easy as you think.

your project fits good into unity engine.

i read mark sibly working at 3d in his monky 2 language.
blitz 3d -> blitz max -> monkey -> monkey 2
http://monkeycoder.co.nz/

about 64bit?
agk using a bytecode interpreter core and your programm flow it slower than other languages but for the most usage fast enough.
AGK (Steam) V2017.05.15 : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (17.4.4) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS Sierra (10.12.2)
Grindalf
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the answers.
@Markus The reason I don't like Unity for this game is that its procedural so everything is generated by code. Unitys big benefit is the wysiwyg editer which is something I wouldent use at all
AjiMundi
Years of Service
User Offline
It looks simple enough graphically that you don't really need all the bells and whistles of engines like Unity. AGK2 would be more than capable of handling such task. Plus AGK2 has one of the most generous licensing fee around. For a commercial game engine, that is. Basically, you pay once and that's it. And the fee is not that expensive compared to some products that can't even do 3D.
And don't forget that AGK2 is currently in constant development. Even if TGC decided to stop at the end of current road map and move anything further to a new AppGameKit, you would still get more than you paid for. Not saying that I would endorse the devs to conclude AGK2 and make AGK3, but fact is fact.
And the devs certainly would not abandon the community like what happened with the Blitz Forum, if this forum is any indicator of how they operate.
To the devs: After that glowing recommendation, I expect the season pass for all your current and future products would arrive in my mailbox soon.
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2017 16:32
Quote: " procedural so everything is generated "

ah,ok.
AGK (Steam) V2017.05.15 : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (17.4.4) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS Sierra (10.12.2)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 15:59:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 15:59:26