Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Possible problem with using SetOrientationAllowed to set portrait only on Android

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2017 18:19
I'm currently seeing a problem where if I use SetOrientationAllowed to specify only portrait mode like so

I can only rotate the app to be in portrait mode with the device the correct way up. Turning it upside down does not cause the app to rotate. Interestingly if I apply this command whilst the phone is upside down, it does not force the app out of that orientation, but then if I right the phone and then turn it upside down again, it can no longer enter that orientation. I've only been able to try this on my own phone, so I don't know if it's an AppGameKit problem or something strange about my phone. Could anyone else try this and see if they're getting the same problem? I also tried it on my iPad but the problem doesn't exist there. Here is the full code I was using to test for the problem.

Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2017 18:29
Confirmed on a Huawei P10. Furthermore, when in landscape mode and setting it to portrait WHILE holding the phone in portrait mode up-side down will force the app go in portrait mode but in normal portrait mode, so everything is upside down.
13/0
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2017 19:28 Edited at: 15th Jun 2017 19:29
I found this a while back, and posted a similar question >Here<

I think it's been forgotten about though.
Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2017 20:51
@Cybermind Thanks for checking that for me! Good to know it's not just my device I guess. I should have mentioned but I was testing on a Sony Xperia Z5 Compact.

@PRoF Wow, that is from quite a while back! Pity it's still lingering around... I've said it before but I'd really like TGC to bring back the official bug tracker like they had for AppGameKit 1 so we can keep track of the status of these things. Having all these threads floating around really doesn't feel like a good way of tracking bugs.
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2017 01:32
The old bug tracker was ok, It was nice to have all the bugs reported in one place. Perhaps a specific board on here where we could report them, and people verify them, then Mod's can sticky them until they get fixed or something?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 14:47:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 14:47:34