Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / How to make monster grab character

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Please help make :

1 player activate trigger zone
next step
2 character spawn and take down and move to sci-fi vent (autodoor) and after that character destroyed (like monster grabs him and pull to vent door).

I make script for character but after player activate trigger zone character move for waypoints and stop near vent door (collision problem maybe).

scrip for character :
;Header

desc = follow waypoints death
:state=0:animate=8
:state=0:state=1,setframe=13
:state=1:incframe=13
:waypointstate=0:animate=8,waypointstart
:waypointstate=3:animate=8,waypointnext
:waypointstate=4:animate=8,waypointrandom
:waypointstate=5:animate=8,destroy

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2017 11:22
Hi nnn
Sounds like you almost got it. The character getting stuck at the door might be solved by using
an "entity door" instead of a segment door. I'll play with this a little tonight and see if I can get it to work
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2017 13:12
@ nnn
It's looks as if your character is from the science pack (the teacher) correct?
I changed the script a bit, after he is triggered, when player approaches him he falls back and is dragged through door.
Here are the two scripts I used for this. One for the character and another for the door.

And the door script, note: attach door script the it's "Start AI" not the Main AI.
Use "default.fpi" for the main script. By attaching to the start ai the door reacts much quicker..

It's up to you to supply the sounds needed. If you need more help just ask
best
nnn
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi ncmako , thanks for answering my question but the problem is still there. Here is a video of how these scripts work. What am I doing wrong ?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2017 10:57
nnn I noticed your character "floating" in the air when spawned and not at ground level?
Which version of fpsc are you using? Also the door seems rather small, is it a stock size door, a vent ???
nnn
Years of Service
User Offline
ncmako I installed FPS Creator Classic and FPS Creator Classic Update V120 from this page and after that I installed BlackIce mod ver 9.1

loading screen of fpsc says ver 1.20.18.

Yes it is a vent door from sci-fi pack, I want to make so that the player opens the door and saw a teacher fall to the floor and goes to the vent door as if it drags a monster and after that head of teacher come from vent door and after that player cant open this vent door. But but something is wrong.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2017 12:09
nnn The problem seems to be the "vent". I used a stock door and all seems to work fine?
When I did use a vent the same happened to me, even using "coloff" characters wont go
thru vents. Try a stock door with the script and test
Note: remember to run your .bin & .dbo cleaner when making lots of changes to scripts or
changes wont take effect.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 01:04:41
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 01:04:41