Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [Plugin] SQLite - Windows

Author
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2017 05:33
SQLite is something I have wanted in AppGameKit for some time and ideally I would need this on android to but a Windows only solution is still very useful to me so I thought I would crack on and make it happen and I'm sure some of you will find it useful

Consider this a WIP as there's still a few additions I would like to add

Example:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2017 15:28
Neat, I've often wanted this myself and even went so far as to look at the DB structure to see if I could write a native importer. Obviously I scratched that idea.

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2017 19:18
Yeah that would be pretty much a language interpreter, a pretty huge undertaking, not impossible but probably not very fast either.

I have a CSV solution I've started in Tier 1 but CSV does not support multiline text, I might use placeholders to overcome that, still in the design phase ... yes I spend more time writing includes and plugins than I do writing games lol
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2017 04:54 Edited at: 6th Jul 2017 04:56
Awesome! I will check this out soon.
TI/994a (BASIC) -> C64 (BASIC/PASCAL/ASM/Others) -> Amiga (AMOS/BLITZ/ASM/C/Gamesmith) -> DOS (C/C++/Allegro) -> Windows (C++/C#/Monkey X/GL Basic/Unity/Others)
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2017 20:50 Edited at: 6th Jul 2017 20:51
Fantastic work man! I just checked this out at end of my lunch break. Had to sort out how to use AppGameKit plugins first... lol

It works fine. And this will be very handy for packaging all kinds of game data.

Thanks a lot!
TI/994a (BASIC) -> C64 (BASIC/PASCAL/ASM/Others) -> Amiga (AMOS/BLITZ/ASM/C/Gamesmith) -> DOS (C/C++/Allegro) -> Windows (C++/C#/Monkey X/GL Basic/Unity/Others)
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2017 00:53 Edited at: 7th Jul 2017 00:54
It would be very nice if this was supported in HTML5.

I was thinking... if you get bored sometime you could create your own light SQL implementation using file system and it should work on any platform...
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2017 01:18
I am experimenting with various data storage systems in Tier1, CSV is coming on nicely and XML now supports upto 10 nested nodes and I plan to expand to 20, that should be plenty, both still very messy and need work but should be ready soon, full on multi platform SQL would be very nice indeed, the temptation to write a simple interpreter is starting to grow on me I'm just not sure how fast it would be, a system of simple commands could work well (CREATE, SELECT, UPDATE) and so-on

for HTML5 a few simple PHP scripts communicating with SQLite would work if AppGameKit could decode JSON data << theres another project right there lol
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2017 10:26
@PartTimeCoder,

Thank you so very much for building some SQLite3 support. (for shame, TGC!).

Couple of questions:-

1) Is this founded on the latest version of SQLite?

2) Have you thought about supporting some BLOB-MEMBLOCK-BLOB functionality?
a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2017 13:50
Quote: "1) Is this founded on the latest version of SQLite?"

the plugin is founded on SQlite 3.13.0, I might update to latest version

Quote: "2) Have you thought about supporting some BLOB-MEMBLOCK-BLOB functionality?"

Yes but I do not have direct access to memblocks in the plugin framework, I can code a work-a-round but it would not be as fast, I'll see what I can do.
GameDevGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
@PartTimeCoder, Thank you for your on-going generosity. Fantastic! You are very
tindex
Years of Service
User Offline
I like this, thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:58:52
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:58:52