Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AppGameKit and VR?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Are there any quick/short AppGameKit VR demos that don't require an Android device?

I don't own any mobile devices, so trying the AppGameKit VR demo is a bit.... well, restrictive.

Coilwinder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2017 01:22 Edited at: 7th Jul 2017 01:23
Well, yes. But what (if any) VR device do you have? Without one I imagine it's going to be rather limited, yes. If it works at all.

It works great on SteamVR (I think via OpenVR?) on my desktop PC. I have the HTC Vive, and it basically just worked. Or actually about every other time.. sometimes it wouldn't find or initialize the VR headset - I forgot the error message. Not sure why that is. But usually just starting it again worked. Being completely new to AppGameKit VR I've only tried two of the three demos supplied so far (Castle and Castle Advanced).

I have not gotten around to try any Android VR device yet (google cardboard and the like), but it seems that should also be possible via VRidge (Just saying, I know this isn't what you asked about).
Apologies for any typos and strange grammar.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 05:35:02
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 05:35:02