Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 9th Jul 2017 04:44 Edited at: 28th Jul 2017 03:41
After two years of development, hundreds of hours of work and thousands of hours of procrastination, I present to you Na4!

Description:
BLAST your way through 100 challenging levels. Discover secret artifacts hidden throughout the game!

HOW TO PLAY:
Tap, drag and release to launch the BioUnit! Smash the 3 vials, then exit through the portal. But beware! You must avoid death at every corner. You have a limited number of charges to complete each level, so use every shot wisely!

FEATURES:
- Simple, but fast-paced and challenging gameplay | You have complete control over how you complete each level
- 100 unique hand-crafted levels | Providing hours of fun
- Hidden artifacts to discover | Unlock the secrets
- NO ads or in-app purchases
- Play OFFLINE, no WiFi required
- Premium design and quality graphics

Download:

Edit:
And here are some free promo codes for you guys! Let me know when they're used and I'll cross them off. My only request is that if you choose to install it, please do not uninstall for at least 2 weeks. This has a huge negative affect on the ranking and I don't want that

Google Play:
6ZS8HRF7DRJD30AHG7ZS4ZR
DCHVL0LWKYE577E97DD60UZ
658DX9KB4LKVL2PD9T2W2A6
VWVVMXF11VYH5ALY6XRQEXZ
0CCZUDER1TDD1ZJ2DFSDTJC
45P6V5MU1CZF6217QF55KQG
16XF0D13R0CDPHDFB78W7C4
UG1SGZ6Q9UUT34F22H40WVT
GVXHJ7AKKR70F4VGQXWW66P
PM9NXMZNTF6Q62KSPR1GMLU

iOS:
FPEKLKA4N4AT
4F3NLK74R3R6
L94WP63NNERR
LEMT3YYXJ3E7
3A6LW4WLT49A
TKY7N3FJAM9M
KFNNRRYM7EL6
MYK637PFF9NK
J7WA39MK96WA
NF469RFK7R36

Edit 2: So I forgot to give apple my tax info and stuff. I've done that but apparently it can take up to a week for them to verify it so the iOS version won't be live until then. Expect it to be up by the 15th of July

Edit 3: Tricked you all, Apple verified it within 30 minutes. App Store listing is now live!

My Games - Latest WIP - My Website: Immortal.Digital - FB - Twitter
130,000 installs with AppGameKit and counting
Richard_6
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks fantastic, easter! Good luck with that!
DARKHALO2K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2017 10:02
Wow, those codes went fast!

Best of luck with the game. It looks great, and it's always exciting to see another release developed with AGK.
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2017 11:07 Edited at: 9th Jul 2017 12:12
Quote: "Looks fantastic, easter! Good luck with that!"

Thanks!

Quote: "Best of luck with the game. It looks great, and it's always exciting to see another release developed with AGK."

Thankyou very much I agree it's good to see new games here on the forums

Quote: "Wow, those codes went fast!"

Sadly no, the codes just haven't been activated. Unfortunately Google won't let me start the promotion until tomorrow so the codes won't be active for some hours yet The Apple codes should work fine though

Edit never mind, I fixed the codes. They should work fine now

janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2017 12:35 Edited at: 16th Jul 2017 14:16
I used 45P6V5MU1CZF6217QF55KQG and I will rate, comment and I will leave it more than 2 week on my phone for sure.. to support my AppGameKit mates
Good luck

Using AGKv2 Tier1
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2017 18:38
Thanks janbo

It's on SlideDB now B)

janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2017 20:19 Edited at: 16th Jul 2017 14:16
I wonder why it is $1.99 for IOS and $2.99 for Android ...I thought Android users spend less than IOS users in general, so why the difference ?

Using AGKv2 Tier1
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2017 20:22
I rarely play puzzle games like this (or mobile games at all) but I must say this looks very well made. Nicely polished. Have you considered testing a desktop release on GameJolt or Itch.io?
TI/994a (BASIC) -> C64 (BASIC/PASCAL/ASM/Others) -> Amiga (AMOS/BLITZ/ASM/C/Gamesmith) -> DOS (C/C++/Allegro) -> Windows (C++/C#/Monkey X/GL Basic/Unity/Others)
DARKHALO2K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2017 23:00
Ah, cool. I've claimed the bottom code for Google Play and will do my bit to support the release. Many thanks!
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2017 05:36
Quote: "I wonder why it is $1.99 for IOS and $2.99 for Android "

It's the same price across both platforms. However the price differs between countries. Most likely Google Play is displaying it in your local currency but the App Store is displaying it in USD

Quote: "I rarely play puzzle games like this (or mobile games at all) but I must say this looks very well made. Nicely polished."

Thanks!
Quote: "Have you considered testing a desktop release on GameJolt or Itch.io? "

I've considered publishing it for PC too (Steam as well as what you mentioned), but haven't actually done anything about it yet. Maybe at some stage in the future

Quote: "Ah, cool. I've claimed the bottom code for Google Play and will do my bit to support the release. Many thanks!"

Thanks!

No.8 on the Top New Paid

AjiMundi
Years of Service
User Offline
Claimed this one: GVXHJ7AKKR70F4VGQXWW66P.
Will give an impartial review, no promise it would be gentle.
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2017 17:28
Quote: "Will give an impartial review, no promise it would be gentle"

Looking forward to it

blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2017 21:39
Congratz mr bunny. Nice work on the top apps!
kwandjeen
Years of Service
User Offline
Great. I bought the game for excellent work with AGK.
Good luck.
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2017 20:52
Looking forward to trying this out on my phone.
FoX_MoLdY
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Just redeemed 6ZS8HRF7DRJD30AHG7ZS4ZR on Google Play. Installing now. Thanks and good luck!
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2017 08:25
@easter bunny - I find myself coming back to your game to progress the more difficult levels! Well done on such a great design. Hope it does well for you.
Development Director
TGC Team
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2017 13:43 Edited at: 17th Jul 2017 06:06
blink0k wrote: "Congratz mr bunny. Nice work on the top apps!"

Thanks!

kwandjeen wrote: "Great. I bought the game for excellent work with AGK. "

Love to hear it! Hope you enjoy the game

RickV wrote: " I find myself coming back to your game to progress the more difficult levels! Well done on such a great design. Hope it does well for you."

I'm really happy to hear that! Thanks for making AppGameKit so fantastic. This game would have been much much more difficult using any other Game Development option. Coding it in AppGameKit was a breeze

Chris Tate wrote: "Looking forward to trying this out on my phone."

Let me know what you think of it. Any and all feedback is good

---

So I accidentally did an [Andoid] release with some debug stuff still up which set the current level to 61 for all devices and also printed out some debug info during gameplay. Guess it's just a reminder to always test your builds before you release them

RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2017 08:22
I love this quote, I'll use it on the AppGameKit website - " This game would have been much much more difficult using any other Game Development option. Coding it in AppGameKit was a breeze."
Development Director
TGC Team
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2017 14:51
Looks very smooth and polished.

Nice work !
PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2017 05:03 Edited at: 19th Jul 2017 05:59
Quote: "I love this quote, I'll use it on the AppGameKit website "

Ima gon be famous!

Quote: "Looks very smooth and polished.

Nice work !"

Thanks!

---
So I had a lot of complaints about people having difficulties trying to aim precisely, especially when bouncing off a corner or something. The reason for this was if you move your finger 1 pixel, it could be the difference between landing on one side of the level or the other. I had a few idea about how to fix this, such as adding a confirmation button to fire alongside a slider to finely adjust your aiming. Unfortunately this wouldn't work in many of the later levels since they require your to aim and shoot while moving or extremely rapidly.
Fortunately I came up with a solution, here's how I did it:
I realised that it's possible to detect if the player is struggling to aim precisely. They will be moving their finger slowly, the BioUnit will be almost still, and most importantly, the final position of the BioUnit will vary wildly between frames. So I simply store the final BioUnit position from the previous frame and if it's changed by more than 5 pixels in either axis (and if they other two conditions are met), the aiming mechanism will be put on fine mode. Here's my code:
[Givng away all my trade secrets here ]
Touch control code:

[As you can see, the touch coordinates are stored in an array which is 'bumped' back each frame (meaning that nx[10] stores the current x coor, and nx[1] stores the x coor from 10 frames ago. The reason I do this is when you release, people always wobble their finger a bit. I use nx[1] for the preview, but nx[7] to actually fire. This makes sure their shot is steady]

Fineness detection code:

This code is executed in a for k=1 to 50 loop which is stepping the physics sim each frame to trace the player position while aiming. So it's detecting to see if the final position (hence if k=50) has changed a lot since the previous frame and if so, adjusts the fineness variable which in turn makes their aiming finer in the first code block. It's also checking to make sure the BioUnit isn't moving too fast and the player isn't swiping their finger super fast either.

These few lines of code are a massive quality of life improvement to the gameplay. This is why I love coding, solving these sorts of problems
EDIT: Of course I pushed out the update with hardly any testing whatsoever and realised several critical mistakes in my code after the update Fixed them now though

CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2017 13:32 Edited at: 27th Jul 2017 15:16
All Android codes are gone so I tried to purchase but it's not letting me use my google balance as a payment option which is a bit odd. Will try again later. [EDIT]: Purchased.
[EDIT 2}: Nice game! One thing: When you run out of shots, there's a big message that says something like "tap her to restart"... no matter how much I tap, it doesn't restart. I have to go to the pause menu and restart that way.

I love that you can exit the game with the back button!
DARKHALO2K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2017 20:54
Having enjoyed the game during my commute to work for the last couple of weeks I've left a five star review on Google Play.

Thanks again for the code, and I hope your game's successful.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 21:30:25
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 21:30:25