Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [Tier1] Selection Rectangle (RTS Style)

Author
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2017 09:37
Here is another include to add the prototyping toolkit, a quick and easy way to add a RTS style selection rectangle to your game, its just a few helpful functions to make the whole process hassle free

Online Example

SelectionRect.agc

Example
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2017 16:47 Edited at: 10th Jul 2017 16:48
Hey excellent stuff. You know I was just thinking about that project this morning before work. I think all I will have is a framework of sort of boilerplate stuff.

Things like my InitDisplay function that I use in all my AGK2 games so a single line sets up display (basically just replacing the auto-generated boiler plate code for the same), system to create a tile map from an image, skeleton code for player, enemies, collectibles, scoring, etc.

That would be non-genre specific and yet provide a small quick start to all projects.

BUT... ideally what is needed would be to then build on that and create 2D Platform Game Template, 3D Platform Game Template, 2D Shmup Game Template, 3D Shmup Game Template and so forth. Literally dozens of templates by game type. Another would be RTS Game Template using your work above.

I don't have time to do all of that so am just going to wrap up my basic game template. lol

Anyway I should be back to working on it this week.
TI/994a (BASIC) -> C64 (BASIC/PASCAL/ASM/Others) -> Amiga (AMOS/BLITZ/ASM/C/Gamesmith) -> DOS (C/C++/Allegro) -> Windows (C++/C#/Monkey X/GL Basic/Unity/Others)
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2017 22:56
Very nice work PTC. A 3D version would be awesome too
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2017 03:43
Thanks guys, I have yet to dive into the realms of 3D I would not really know where to start but its certainly worth investigating, I'll add it to my ever expanding todo list lol
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2017 06:11 Edited at: 11th Jul 2017 06:12
@PartTimeCoder At the rate your list has been growing the past week I think you must be getting close to having a full schedule until at least the end of the summer. lol
TI/994a (BASIC) -> C64 (BASIC/PASCAL/ASM/Others) -> Amiga (AMOS/BLITZ/ASM/C/Gamesmith) -> DOS (C/C++/Allegro) -> Windows (C++/C#/Monkey X/GL Basic/Unity/Others)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 05:21:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 05:21:45