Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / console output

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2017 01:19
Is there a command that will print to the IDE console (Where error output is sent)?
Or something similar or any solution at all really. I would like it to persist after the program has ended (in case of a crash)
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2017 03:20 Edited at: 11th Jul 2017 03:22
I actually found it by accident, I even wrote a plugin to debug info and it was there all along!

call "Log("some text")" in debug mode

I know its a math function, but its overloaded

https://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/Reference/Core/Log.htm
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2017 04:24
Superb! Thanks PTC
tmu
Years of Service
User Offline
Well that is silly. So many logging implementations probably done that could have been replaced with this if it was better documented. Now, if only this was possible to use when running in normal mode as well.
Coilwinder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2017 00:34
Quote: "call "Log("some text")" in debug mode"

So that's what the "szMessage - the text message to send to the log/output area" in the doc means. I was wondering about that, could not get it to work the other day. Will come in handy!

I'll admit I haven't read the documentation very carefully yet (but it seems this particular case isn't well documented anyway), lately I've mostly just looked at this forum, ran some examples etc. to see what's possible.
Apologies for any typos and strange grammar.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2017 01:12
Making it a separate function like trace() or debug() would be very helpful i think

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 05:19:12
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 05:19:12