Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Jinxie the Minner game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Started working on my next project. It's the same type as the old Minner2049er game. Loved this game for the Ti99/4a. Still have mine

https://www.facebook.com/100019281433829/videos/107390203247027/

They all kind of start off as how do I do this, and I just keep evolving it.

As of right now I'm just kind of placing the sprites by hand, still learning how to use AppGameKit

-Brian
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2017 20:17
Making great progress already. You're a fast developer. That's good. I'm sure you know being able to complete games (at a good quality) faster reduces the cost of game development. And that should help you to be able to make a living from it in time.
TI/994a (BASIC) -> C64 (BASIC/PASCAL/ASM/Others) -> Amiga (AMOS/BLITZ/ASM/C/Gamesmith) -> DOS (C/C++/Allegro) -> Windows (C++/C#/Monkey X/GL Basic/Unity/Others)
bszaronos
Years of Service
User Offline
So I started off as how can I do this. Which evolved into 'ok I figured that out, now how do i do this.'
I worked on my basic concept for the game, and got that complete. I started to code my level and realized this was going to be a big undertaking, having to code each block by hand.
So I decided to create an editor so that I could create my level and save the level to a file and be able to reload it. I have attached a picture of my editor. (Which was fun figuring out how to actually do this. )
Well today I completed my level editor and it works great. This then led to the realization that it doesn't really work as my game was programmed.
See my game was programmed as an example player is sprite 1, the ground block is sprite 2-4, the ladder is sprite 5. I could always program the game to just look for those object, but that would be a waste.
So I have started to better organize my sprites and objects to be able to use my editor for more than just this game.

So what started as a complete mess is now getting some better organization. Which hopefully will lead to a better game with more levels.

-Brian

Attachments

Login to view attachments
bszaronos
Years of Service
User Offline
Spent the day working on my editor and Jinxie the Minner. Last night I just could not get things to work right. I had made my editor and my game separately and trying to join the two wasn't going well. I thought I might have to scrap everything and start from scratch.
But this morning after fooling with it everything seemed to fall into place. I was able to get my level loaded into the game from my file that the editor created. I got the ladders and jumping worked out. Next will be enemies timers and new levels.

I posed an updated video of my progress
https://www.facebook.com/100019281433829/videos/109539063032141/

Let me know what you think.

-Brian
bszaronos
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I completed my basic layout for the game. That I am putting up on my Google Drive so that if you want to download it and check it out you can. I thought it was too big to upload to the board, so I did it this way.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_4zMWjv7BWbN04wNTdueFo2VXc/view?usp=sharing

It's an apk for android. Again let me know what you think, what I should add, etc. It's still an early build.

The Secret to jumping to single blocks, is set yourself in the middle of the block. you don't have to push the joystick to jump. Blocks with more than just one landing block you can be on the edge.
Currently thinking of adding moving platforms, and adding a town map that will open up more when you complete level sections.

-Brian
bszaronos
Years of Service
User Offline
All,

I have updated my code and added a few things. Currently there are 3 levels.
I am thinking of adding a easy and hard mode, and adding a timer to the game.

Please let me know what you think of it, and if anything needs to be changed or added.

The new link is
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_4zMWjv7BWbelNBZ05nXzM0X00

Thanks

-Brian

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:24:10
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:24:10