Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Steam Achievements

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Since Steam achievements have now been added to 1982, will this functionality be added to AGK2 anytime soon?
Is this something planned for the next update?
Wilf
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2017 14:33
That's a great question!
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2017 19:14
1982 is tier 2!
Development Director
TGC Team
Polaraul
Years of Service
User Offline
RickV wrote: "1982 is tier 2!"

Will Steam achievements then ever be incorporated into Tier 1?
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2017 12:42
Hi,

I think they will at some point....

Too many other things on the list right now!

Maybe someone could code a Plugin for it if that's possible?

Rick
Development Director
TGC Team
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2017 20:22
+1 Steam Achievements
PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
Wilf
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2017 08:10
Any plug-in writers interested in making this happen?
Supertino
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2017 11:18
Steam achievements, leaderboard and cloud saves would be super for T1, I am surprised AppGameKit does not have these already considering it has steam integration turned on by default, would make a great "feature" point at point of sale. Sadly such things are beyond me but how hard could it be? all the work is done in the steamAPI we just need a set of functions call the API... but what do I know?
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2017 12:29
Quote: "it has steam integration turned on by default"

The editor has steam integration turned on by default. There's a difference.
Signature removed by mod because it's larger than 600x120... please resize and try again.
IBOL
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2017 17:05
As an AGK2 tier 1 user with 2 games on steam, and 2 more awaiting completion, STEAM ACHIEVEMENTS are NECESSARY.

AGK is not buggy, which i am hugely thankful for.

But this particular feature has been neglected for far too long.

And as has been mentioned, people who buy agk on Steam are looking for how they can get their own games on steam. Don't disappoint them by not integrating one of steam's primary features.

DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
I too would like full steam features covered. Steam achievements, cards?
Using Tier 1 AppGameKit V2
Started coding with AMOS (Thanks Francois Lionet)
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2017 19:33
Achievements would be super-awesome.
If my C++ skills weren't that sucky, I'd write a wrapper

@DavidAGK
Steam Trading Cards are not controlled by code, only by SteamWorks settings
PSY LABS Games
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
SteamAPI has a HTML interface too, so you might be able to achieve this with HTML requests from Tier1.
Running Windows 7 Home, 64 bit, 8 GB ram, Athlon II X2 255, ATI Radeon HD 4200. Using AGK2 Tier 1.
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2017 14:04
Quote: "SteamAPI has a HTML interface too, so you might be able to achieve this with HTML requests from Tier1."

As far as I know, the Steam Web API can only be used to get infos about stats, achievements and stuff, but NOT to set anything
PSY LABS Games
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2017 18:00 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2017 18:08
I have made a Smartmirror running AppGameKit on a RPIv2 using the steam API to show which of my friends are online or playing what game... besides displaying the day and time, the weather or how long my 3D prints took and if the printer is ready
PSY is right, it pretty much ends at getting infos about who plays what etc...
I never looked into the steam dll or what you would need to implement steam achievements into your game ...but I have read it would be easy
I don't plan on releasing a game on steam but I might look into wrapping it in the far future nevertheless.
I also think that TGC should implement it because of the same reasons listed above... but it's only Paul who is typing the code AGK.
Pete W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2017 18:05
A quick look at the Steam API (https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/api/ISteamUserStats) suggests that:

1. You need to be running your own server to make the updates to Steam as it requires the API key for writing and the API key should *never* be in the game client.

2. The achievements need to be pre-defined in the Steam backend first.

3. The process would appear to be (on your server) fetch all the user stats for the game, add the achivement to the stats, then save the complete stats bundle.

4. The game just needs to make calls to your server service, say using HTTP requests (https://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/Reference/HTTP.htm) and using a hash (https://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/Reference/Core/Sha256.htm) with a secret salt for security.
Pete W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2017 18:18 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2017 19:39
To exapnd slightly on my previous post - at least using the Steam Web API, the actual heavy lifting needs to be done on one's server in the server-side language of one's choice.
This is obviously outside the remit of AGK. The HTTP commands (and useful utils such as sha, unixtime, etc.) to comminicate from the game to one's server are already present.

At https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/webapi/ISteamUserStats at the bottom is a POST method called SetUserStatsForGame. This includes the warning:

Quote: "
NOTE: This call requires the publisher API key that owns the specified App ID to use this method. As such this API MUST be called from a secure server, and can never be used directly by clients!"

Pete W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2017 19:49
Extra infos: At https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/webapi/ISteamUserStats

there's a POST method called SetUserStatsForGame (at the bottom) with the warning:

Quote: "NOTE: This call requires the publisher API key that owns the specified App ID to use this method. As such this API MUST be called from a secure server, and can never be used directly by clients!"

Achievements are part of user stats, rather than being their own entity. It would appear to be important to get the user stats bundle first, add the achievement, and then save - otherwise existing stats (inc. other achievements) would be deleted.

The heavy-lifting needs to be done on one's server in the server-side language of one's choice. Obviously outside the remit of AGK. The necessary functions (HTTP, SHA, unixtime, etc.) for the game to talk to the server (yours not Steam) are already present.

If/when I get round to implementing this myself, I'll post an update (distant future at the moment).

PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2017 21:46
You don't need to run your own server.
You define the achievements in SteamWorks, and you simply set and upload them by using the api commands in your game
PSY LABS Games
adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2017 03:08
I've developed a Steam API plugin for tier 1 games.
Feel free to check it out/use it.
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2017 18:43
Fantastic !!!
Thanks alot !
PSY LABS Games

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 20:22:20