Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / The new VR samples on Steam?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, are the new VR samples on the Steam version of AppGameKit (the drum kit and the duck game)?

I've looked everywhere in the Projects demos for them, but I can't seem to find them anywhere, tried searching for them, and even tried re-installing AGK.
No luck.
GunnerJnr
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2017 15:02
You need to purchase the VR DLC you can do so here.
SteelPrincess
Years of Service
User Offline
I already have the VR DLC-- and the original sample in is there, but the two new ones are not, even on a re-install.
Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2017 15:20
Hello SteelPrincess!

It should update automatically and download the new demos. They should be located (depending on your Steam install) at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\App Game Kit 2\DLC\AppGameKitVR\Demos

If for some reason it didn't download, you can try to view App Game Kit in your Steam software library. Under the DLC items, uncheck AppGameKit VR, which will uninstall it. Maybe give it a few minutes to finish (it should say "Not Installed", then re-check it and it should re-download and install.

Enjoy the new demos! The duck hunt game was fun to create! There is a lot there that can be used as a framework for other things.

Regards,
Ron

a.k.a WOLF!
GunnerJnr
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2017 15:23 Edited at: 19th Jul 2017 15:24
Oh I see, yea the page doesn't give away too much info it just says:

Quote: "All demos have full source code in both Tier1 AppGameKit Script and Tier 2 C++
Note: The Tier 1 Plug-in has been updated so users must ensure they install the latest Windows.dll and Commands.txt files."

SOURCE: - https://www.thegamecreators.com/post/virtual-drum-kit-duck-shoot-demos-added-to-appgamekit-vr

I have not actually purchased the VR yet myself I was aiming to do that in the near future, one could only assume they would be in the project directories ? Might be a long shot but rather than just reinstalling the AGK2 did you try this:

in the AGK2 program click Tools/Install Addition Files/Install..

Do they appear in the project directory after this ?

Also I know my DLC for app game kit usually has its own seperate directory in its steam install folder, the quickest way to get there would be right clicking the software in steam, click properties, local files, browse local files.. then there should be a folder named DLC which will contain all the DLC purchased for App Game Kit and in there will most likely be the above mentioned that you are looking for

Hope this helps

EDIT***

It seems the second suggestion was the answer as clarified above by the forum mod
SteelPrincess
Years of Service
User Offline

Ah, that's why I couldn't find them!

I had, mistakenly, assumed they would be in installed into the projects directory with the other demos, but were not.

I had a moment of dumb that's been rectified, thanks.

Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2017 18:12
No problem! Enjoy the demos!
a.k.a WOLF!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 00:22:14
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 00:22:14