Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [BUG?] Game Center (Play Games) Tries to log user in twice

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2017 10:28
If a user cancels the Play Games login on Android then a second attempt is made to login. This shouldn't happen - if the user chose to cancel they shouldn't be prompted again.

This code demonstrates the issue:

Thanks.
E
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2017 12:36
When the login fails Google provides the option of starting a resolution handler, for example having the user enter their account details. When this returns control back to AppGameKit it doesn't say whether it was successful, so AppGameKit tries to login again, if it still fails then AppGameKit gives up.
Ian Rees
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2017 13:02
Quote: "When the login fails Google provides the option of starting a resolution handler, for example having the user enter their account details. When this returns control back to AppGameKit it doesn't say whether it was successful, so AppGameKit tries to login again, if it still fails then AppGameKit gives up."

OK, thanks Paul. Is there nothing at all that can be done to prevent this? At the moment my game prompts the user to go through this twice and I anticipate a few complaints.

Thanks.
E
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2017 14:15
I'll see what I can do
Ian Rees
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline