Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AppGameKit 2017.07.19

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2017 13:00
Quote: "The shadows dont show on one of my device, that is Huawei Mate 9 with Mali-G71MP8 gpu but shows perfectly on my Samsung Tab A 8.0 with Mali-T830 MP2."

That's strange, the Huawei has the more modern GPU, so I would expect it to work. Are you able to generate a bug report from the device shortly after running a failed shadow app? You can do this by going into the device settings, developer options, then the first option should be "Take bug report". If you can email that to paul@thegamecreators.com it might help track it down.
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2017 14:29
For me, shadows are active and work perfectly on LG G5, HTC E8 (M8SW), ZTE Axon 7, Samsung S7, Google Nexus 10 Tablet (slowly but working) . And Windows and Mac are also OK

Only my old Samsung S3 can't handle the shadows and they are not active at all (but it's normal!)
--------------------------------
Join us on dedicated AppGameKit WeeKChat :
https://week.chat/room/AppGameKit
hoyoyo80
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi @Paul, my bad... its work. its the camera range. Now its work best. Thanks
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2017 18:54 Edited at: 26th Jul 2017 18:58
Quote: "What are the Android devices that didn't work? Did all shadow modes fail or just the more complicated ones like cascade shadow maps?"

Honor 8
Mode,Behavior
1,casts everything in shadow till shadow range ofc
2, same behavior as mode 1
3,casts part of the shadow successfully and some not (image attached)

Mobistel CYNUS E1
1,casts no shadows at all
2,casts no shadows at all
3,casts no shadows at all

Using AGKv2 Tier1

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2017 19:52
The Mobistel CYNUS E1 has an old GPU so that doesn't surprise me, but the Honor 8 as a relatively modern GPU. I can tell what is causing the problem with cascade shadow maps, but not why. One of the polygons that make up the floor (it is made of only 2 triangles) is being drawn in the shadow depth image closer to the light than it should be, so it is shadowing itself. The fact that it is also shadowing part of the church suggests a large error, so this couldn't be fixed with the shadow bias command. The only thing I know of that could cause this is the pixel shader not supporting high precision floats, but the fact that the GPU was only released in Q2 2016 suggests it should support high precision floats. You could check this by looking at the LogCat of the device when it starts the AppGameKit player, AppGameKit checks the pixel shader float precision and logs if the device doesn't support high precision. If it does support high precision then nothing will be logged about it. The only work around I can think of is to not use large polygons in shadow apps, since it seems to be working ok with the other objects in the scene.
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2017 09:34
Another thing. It seems, in the Tier1 IDE, that the Menu "Edit" => "Format" => "Reflow Lines/Block (CTRL+J)" doesn't work anymore
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2017 08:08 Edited at: 28th Jul 2017 08:09
Error exporting to android

Attachments

Jerry McGuire
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Paul and Dev Team for the continuous work on updates!
iMac Book Pro, MacOS 10.12.4, Xcode 8.3.3;
iPhone 6, iOS 9.35; iPhone 5s, iOS 9.35; iPad (3rd gen), iOS 9.35;

Dell Precision T7400, Windows 7 Professional 64bit, Visual Studio Community 2015;
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2017 17:14
Quote: "It seems, in the Tier1 IDE, that the Menu "Edit" => "Format" => "Reflow Lines/Block (CTRL+J)" doesn't work anymore"

I haven't made any changes to that code so I'm not sure why it would stop working.

Quote: "Error exporting to android"

This can be caused in some versions when they are installed over previous versions. Some files were deleted in the newer versions but the install doesn't delete existing files, so the old files corrupt the new version.
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2017 23:02
A good practice for all versions is to install in a folder named with the version and keep few older versions to compare.

i always install a new version in C:\AGKYYYY.MM.DD (date of the release) and never encountered any problem.

And for the "Reflow" (re-format) function, i also don't know why but i've seen it working few versions ago (and it's very useful)
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2017 05:15
Quote: "This can be caused in some versions when they are installed over previous versions. Some files were deleted in the newer versions but the install doesn't delete existing files, so the old files corrupt the new version."

I had a steam version and a TGC version. uninstalled both , installed TGC version and it worked fine
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks! The shadows are a much-needed addition. QUESTION: Would it be possible to add a command to dynamically adjust the opacity of the shadow without having to modify the global ambient color? It'd be useful for projects that only want a subtle shadow effect. e.g., SetShadowOpacity(0.5) could decrease the base shadow opacity by 50%.
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2017 16:26
+1 for shadows opacity
Battoad
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2017 11:13 Edited at: 31st Jul 2017 11:14
sorting arrays:
to be able to further sort on the type variables in the order they are placed in the "type", not just a single sort on the 1st variable.

Whoops wrong thread, sorry.
marvin944
Years of Service
User Offline
Still haven't got my shader back to work:

This is the code to init the shader. Anything weird in here? (worked fine in previous version)

Dutch
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2017 18:50
Quote: "string GetInAppPurchaseDescription ( iID )

And what about the product title ? The Google Play Console asks for both as mandatory and I would like to use also the title in my in-game shop to make it completely dynamic with Google built-in translations without the need of redeploy a new APK each time. "

Paul,
Another thing about IAPs for the next update (if possible) : the InAppPurchaseActivate() Method create a quick message box saying "Press Back to return to the App" before showing the Google Purchase window ... it's a little annoying . IIs it possible to remove this quick message ?

Thanks in advance !
Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2017 09:26
Hi

It's a great new version
The new 3D functions are really great (shadow, normalmap...) !

I have tested, but I have no shadow on android, on my Samsung GNote10.1 (2014) , with all shadow mode
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_10_1_n8000-4573.php
I think it should work, isn't it ?
2D/3D shaders works fine on that tablet. I have shadows in other 3D games too.

1) shadow color and opacity

Quote: " It'd be useful for projects that only want a subtle shadow effect. e.g., SetShadowOpacity(0.5) could decrease the base shadow opacity by 50%."

I aggre, but I think it should be better to have :
SetShadowColor(r,g,b,alpha)
like we have : SetSpriteColor(r,g,b,alpha)

So we could change the opacity AND/OR the colors of the 3D shadow .
In 3D, it's very interested to have the complementary color :
example
- light = orange / shadow = bleu

To compare :

2) export and lib

When creating an APK or an exe, is there a way to not include the lib we don't use in our game ?
For example, for my 2D games, I don't use the 3D lib, and if I could not include it in the export, I guess My exe/apk should/could be smaller .

AGK2 tier1 - http://www.dracaena-studio.com
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2017 11:56 Edited at: 4th Aug 2017 12:29
@Blendman
We have the Ambient color and that should change the shadow color too and the sun color to change everything else.
Like in real life !?
I imagine it looks strange if the ambient color and shadow color is different.
Except you think of indirect diffuse lighting.

Using AGKv2 Tier1
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2017 17:07
Hi Paul.

Awesome update, thank you so much.

I noticed something that no-one else seems to have seen, and that's window size. On this version windows seem to be larger than they shoudl be - for example in my code it is set to set the window size to 1920+(1920/2), 1080+(1080/2), which worked fine. On this update however the same code now opens a window roughly 3600 * 2000 pixels, larger than it should be. I have a 4K monitor/desktop, but can't see how this should affect it.

The offshoot of this is that it also seems to be impacting the sprites used, making them more pixelated. Has mipmapping or min/max filtering default settings changed, or been altered with the swap to 64bit? I've attached a screen to show, these snips are actual size of the windowed game now. You can see the new version is larger and the ship outline and planet are more "grainy" or pixellated.

Attachments

Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2017 17:12
Ok, attempt number two at this post.

On this version, the window siezes do not seem to be working correctly. My game is set to open a window at size 1920+(1920/2), 1080+(1080/2), which worked fine. However on the new update the windos is noticably larger, according to a grab it is roughly 3600x2000 pixels. The offshoot of this is that it seems to have impacted the image quality too. I have attched a screen grabb that tries to show this - this is the two versions and the grabs are ACTUAL size - you can see the new version is noticably larger and the quality of the planet (a 3D object) and the space ship (a 2D sprite) has changed and show less detail - moving they appear "grainy" or pixallated.

Has this version or the swap to 64bit impacted memblocks (or specifically converting them to images) at all, or the default min/mag filtering or mipmapping at all?

Attachments

Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2017 17:12 Edited at: 6th Aug 2017 17:14
Sorry, it appears FireFox had an issue and I had to sign out and in again before the newest posts were visible.
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2017 22:11
Just a quick update - for me setting any window size doesn't seem to work anymore.
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2017 22:26 Edited at: 8th Aug 2017 22:42
For some reason music that plays fine in the previous versions right up to the last beta isn;t playing here either, with identical code. Still trying to see why.

EDIT: Ok so I tried playing a usic file directily after loading and got the attached error message "Error: Failed to load music source filter in main.agc at line xxx", attached. The GetMusicExists() commend DOES show the music loaded with the load command, it fails on trying to play it.

I assume this is somehow linked to the "fix" for the RAW loading of music files.

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 05:22:52
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 05:22:52