Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / glBindFramebufferEXT

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2017 11:45 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2017 07:10
Hi everyone I'm still new to AppGameKit.

I'm running AppGameKit on a Windows 2012R2 cloud server. So I work on my Apps remotely via RDP.

I Installed AppGameKit 2017.7.19 via Steam on the server.
When I run AppGameKit, it functions as normal but when I debug or run compiled code, I am presented with the following message dialog boxes:

1. Failed to get OpenGL extention glBindFramebufferEXT [OK]
2. Failed to get OpenGL extention glGenFramebuffersEXT [OK]
3. Failed to get OpenGL extention glFramebufferTexture2DEXT [OK]
4. Failed to get OpenGL extention glFramebufferRenderbufferEXT [OK]
5. Failed to get OpenGL extention glCheckFramebufferStatusEXT [OK]
6. Failed to get OpenGL extention glDeleteFramebuffersEXT [OK]
7. Failed to get OpenGL extention glBindRenderbufferEXT [OK]
8. Failed to get OpenGL extention glGenRenderbuffersEXT [OK]
9. Failed to get OpenGL extention glRenderbufferStorageEXT [OK]
10. Failed to get OpenGL extention glCreateShader [OK]
11. Your graphics card does not support one or more OpenGL features required by this program. Please check if there are any driver updates available for your card. [OK]

After pressing the last [OK] the app just shuts down.

Does anyone know if there is an OpenGL Driver library that one can download to fix this issue on Windows Server 2012R2?

As an additional test, I installed Linux Mint 64Bit in a Virtual Box on the same Windows 2012R2 server. I Did the same test and it works perfectly fine on Linux. So it must have something to do with missing windows drivers for OpenGL.

Thanks for any advice.
--
Rudolph Thomas
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2017 14:25
Quote: "Does anyone know if there is an OpenGL Driver library that one can download to fix this issue on Windows Server 2012R2?"

That's a question your graphics card manufacturer can answer.
Signature removed by mod because it's larger than 600x120... please resize and try again.
tigme
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2017 14:49
So it seems nobody on this forum has a more direct answer other than referring me away to follow another avenue? Thanks
--
Rudolph Thomas
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2017 16:15 Edited at: 1st Aug 2017 16:16
TGC don't provide graphics card drivers, your video card manufacturer does. You'll need their openGL reference drivers.
Windows server is not designed to run games, so don't provide these reference drivers.
Signature removed by mod because it's larger than 600x120... please resize and try again.
tigme
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2017 18:15
Thanks Mobiius

The problem does seem to go deeper. You can knock on the GPU manufacturers door but it looks like it could be more of an issue with Microsofts RDP driver that does not support OpenGL on a headless server. Because running Linux Mint on a VirtualBox seems to trick RDP I will stick to that for the moment.

ps. Side note: Unity 5.X works perfectly through RDP on a headless windows server. Blender 2.78 fails and does Unreal Engine. But Carrara 3D 8.5 Pro does work. So it is a bit of hit and miss when it comes to running 3D Apps remotely.
--
Rudolph Thomas
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2017 09:19
Running headless mode I believe tricks windows server into not initializing the monitor, so no 3d accelerated graphics can be drawn to video memory. I think I read in another forum for teamviewer to either keep a cheap monitor attached, or you can get null terminators which connect to the vga port to trick windows into thinking a monitor is attached.
Dybing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2017 12:41 Edited at: 2nd Aug 2017 12:43
On Linux the OpenGL API is part of the kernel - whereas on Windows the DirectX API is part and parcel of any Windows installation. OpenGL on Windows is implemented by the drivers from the GPU manufacturer.

Out of curiosity, why use a cloud-server for dev? It seems very inefficient - unless of course you're sitting on a Chromebook where you can't install AGK.

Just about any PC will run AppGameKit just fine. Hell, it'll even run on a humble Raspberry Pi3 that cost south of €50 (+ fast SD Card of at least 16Gb to be comfortable). Set that up on your home network, VNC in and you're golden. No need to pay for a bloated Windows server at some cloud-service.
tigme
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2017 16:54
@dybing, thanks for explaining. I develop in other languages and host web-apps from the windows server. The server is paid for by my clients and it makes it very convenient to use dumb terminals to connect to my cloud server. I Work from home so it is very convenient for me to sit at my desk coding, the get and continue working on my tv or be out on the road and continue where I left off. At a stage, we also had a lot of power-cuts (called load-shedding by our local electrical supplier) Because I have the server it makes it very convenient to have my code IDE's running in the cloud somewhere and then I just connect to it and continue where I see fit.

It began as an experiment and then it turned into a very convenient habit. It's almost like working on a google doc wherever you are and you don't bother saving because you can just pickup your phone and it is immediately available to continue. BTW I am pushing the envelope a little bit.
--
Rudolph Thomas
tigme
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2017 16:55
Thanks for your insights, Mobiius. Much appreciated!
--
Rudolph Thomas

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 09:36:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 09:36:54