Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK2 Retina - HTML5 and UI question?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi AGK2 people

I've just bought AGK2 and started playing with it, but immediately noticed that the AppGameKit ui is really blurry on my Macbook Pro (Retina screen). It actually can't of detrimental to to coding a game.

I also noticed that published HTML5 games don't utilise the retina screen and therefore look blurry/pixelated as well.

I am really impressed with AGK2 otherwise, but I'm just wondering whether there are any plans to implement - retina for the UI + retina for published html5 games.

Thank you heaps for any answers
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2017 10:16
Have you tested with the native retina resolution with setvirtualresolution() ?
--------------------------------
Join us on dedicated AppGameKit WeeKChat :
https://week.chat/room/AppGameKit
Ninjadoodle
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi @MikeMax

I did have a play with it, but from what I could see, it didn't utilise the monitors pixel density (instead the images just got smaller).
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2017 12:38
I develop on Macbook Pro retina and have never noticed any issues. Make sure your original images are of a high enough resolution for your target device.
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2017 14:46
Ha yes ! You need images adapted for retina (size x 2) !
--------------------------------
Join us on dedicated AppGameKit WeeKChat :
https://week.chat/room/AppGameKit
pinete
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys,
just mention that Ninjadoodle is referring not to the images or sprites of the game but to the IDE itself. At least is what I've undesrstood.
So Ninjadoodle is saying that the IDE is blurry on retina devices, what is true, and he is asking if there are any way to work with the IDE in retina resolution.
Am I right?
Ninjadoodle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2017 23:36 Edited at: 27th Jul 2017 23:37
Hi @pinete

Just to clarify, I'm referring to both the IDE being blurry on retina screens, as well as sprites in HTML5 games.

When I test an HTML5 game in the browser it is showing the game using only half of the retina screens pixel density (just like the IDE) - I am using @2x assets for this.

Thanks again!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 05:26:55
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 05:26:55