Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Music volume

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi.
So i have this small problem.
I have both music and sounds in my game, nothing strange there.
When i play them without setting music or sounds master volume, they both play normally, but when i set soundsystemvolume to some value, music volume goes down after a sound is played for a while and then fades back in after a while... Don't know if that's a feature, but how do i stop it? It's really anoying.
Thanks
Rikokun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2017 00:46 Edited at: 28th Jul 2017 15:12
[sorry, doublepost]
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 29th Jul 2017 09:08
It sounds to me like a syncing problem but hard to tell without code to test.

Things to try
1.Setting the sync rate lower may help SetSyncRate( 30, 0 ) // 30fps instead of 60 to save battery and allow the device to keep up
2.The Location of the Sync() command in your program may help

Sync, you may either use Sync or Update(), Render(), Swap() to manually sync. If you wish to have more control you can break this down further
and replace Render with Render2DBack, ClearDepthBuffer, Render3D, ClearDepthBuffer, Render2DFront but I'm unsure how or if these commands
will even help with music as I cant see a mention of that in the core help file.

Just some things to try sorry I couldn't be more help, but I have never noticed the music to fade in or out without coding it to do so.

GOODLUCK
fubar
Rikokun
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks.
I already found a way arround the problem by not doing it.
I'll freely admit my code is a mess so there may be some syncing problems, but i experienced it on quad core i5 and i hoped that could deal with 2D 30fps board game ^_^
I'll see if similar problem apear in my next project.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 05:33:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 05:33:08