Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / QUESTION FOR AGK DEVELOPER TEAM

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2017 09:42
Hi,
the project 'VideoPlayback' official installed by AppGameKit setup (windows) don't run if used with the video.mp4

in the media folder there are 2 videos (video.wmv e video.mp4) installed by setup AppGameKit

with video.wmv all is ok. but if i use the LoadVideo("video.mp4") instead of LoadVideo("video.wmv") and
I run it from windows 7 the application crash .

If I play the .mp4 video with media player o vlc the video play correctly.
Can help me ? it 's important for me

thank you
Dybing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2017 10:11
Sure you got .mp4 codecs installed? If you don't it won't play.

Try opening the .mp4 file in Windows Media Player or similar simple video-player. If it plays, you have the codec installed, if not, you don't.

NOTE: Don't use VLC to test, that video-player do not rely on external codecs. Which is great in most use cases, but not when testing what you got installed

To install .mp4 codec, google search for 'mp4 windows codec' and you should find plenty of alternatives.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2017 11:05
This is the example in the projects supplied by TGC. Have a look for yourself. It's in Video/VideoPlayback in your projects folder
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2017 13:44
For checking installed Codecs you can not beat GSpot!, if I have a problem with media its my first port of call.
darzon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2017 16:51
thanks to all I have found the problem.
codecs I had non my pc where old, I have downloaded a new version and now its all ok.
thank you

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 05:25:35
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 05:25:35