Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Apps not starting from AGK IDE

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
For some reason none of my projects do anything if I click "Run" in the AppGameKit IDE. They all used to work fine, and if I create a new template project with "new project" menu and try to run that, also nothing happens. It just says "Compilation finished successfully.". But no app/game starts. If I click the debug button, it gives me message about debugging locally vs on device and again nothing happens.

I am on Windows 7 and laptop with this status. Steam.

Has something changed, or what could I be doing wrong? It all used to work on this laptop as well a others..

I observed this first time on a plane with all connections off. After it this, seems to be the case now all the time whether I have connection or not. Or it might just coincide with some update or whatever.

I any case, any ideas for a fix?
Dybing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2017 21:34
On Windows, I think you need perform a clean install of AppGameKit when a new version is released that is bytecode incompatible with the previous version. Apparently the Windows installer is not always too happy about overwriting old files, or perhaps the problem is in updating entries to the registry. I don't know - I just know that a lot of Windows software is better off reinstalling than merely updating.

Another reason why one should let Windows do what Windows do best - Games. Serious work should be done using Linux - or if so inclined and don't mind being suckered into being a paying member of the Cult of Jobs - OSX.
tmu
Years of Service
User Offline
Actually, I uninstalled and re-installed it now because you said so. But that did not help. The apps/games are still not starting. The same behaviour. Is there something else I need to delete in addition? I uninstalled and re-installed from Steam in one session if that matters. This is rather ridiculous, not being able to run any code.
Fluorescent
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2017 16:54
If you click the compile button in AppGameKit and then right click your project and choose Open Containing Folder you should get an Explorer window where the exe-file for your project is. And if you double click to run, what happens then?
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2017 16:54
try ide menu build build options preferences build broadcast and debug ip empty , check path to compiler
and remove firewall rules for ide exe, they will normal pop up again and ask for permissions.

AGK (Steam) V2017.07.19 : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (17.4.4) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS Sierra (10.12.2)
Dark Raven
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 31st Jul 2017 18:48
It might have something to do with the XINPUT1_3.dll dependency the the current version requires or at least that I figured was the problem as when I tried to run a program externally it would give me the error. So once I installed DirectX 9.0c runtimes it fixed the issue. Download and install the runtimes at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109 and see if that resolves the issue or wait till the next version as they say the dependency will be removed.
tmu
Years of Service
User Offline
@markus the build options are empty for device and debug ip. the compiler path is fine.

@fluorescent, running the exe file directly gives the error "XINPUT1_3.dll is missing. Try reinstall...". I guess this is the problem, AppGameKit IDE will just not show it. How do I fix this? Already did a re-install and reboot..

Actually I seem to be having issues with Steam client connecting to the Steam network as well. Guess I have to try to re-install Steam as well..
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2017 23:50 Edited at: 31st Jul 2017 23:50
I would uninstall
Then delete the Program Files (x86)/The Game Creators/AGK directory
Then delete the /Users/(your id)/AppData/Local/agk and AGKApps directories
Then reinstall
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2017 08:56
Check for your anti virus blocking the interpreter app, rather than the IDE.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\App Game Kit 2\Players\Windows\Windows.exe
and
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\App Game Kit 2\Players\Windows\Windows64.exe
Signature removed by mod because it's larger than 600x120... please resize and try again.
tmu
Years of Service
User Offline
OK, thanks all for your help and suggestions. I tried all the things listed here, uninstalled all of steam, deleted all AppGameKit files I could find, etc.

As suggested by @DarkRaven, and by googling the DLL name, this was a direct X issue. After running the DX9.0 installer the apps work again. Quite a bummer but it is fixed now for me..

Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2017 20:58
btw
DirectX 9.0c August 2004
AGK (Steam) V2017.07.19 : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (17.4.4) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS Sierra (10.12.2)
tmu
Years of Service
User Offline
LOL @Markus I had a hard time believing it myself. Dxdiag was telling me I had DirectX 11 installed and all the latest versions.. So you need 9.0c from 13+ years ago to run the latest version

Somehow it feels like TGC could use a bit more resources

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 05:20:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 05:20:50