Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Access the Fonts folder?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2017 19:48 Edited at: 31st Jul 2017 21:53
Is there a way to access the fonts folder with AppGameKit Tier 1?
I would only need it for Windows but would like it run on any Windows OS.
I can't find anything in the help files that would do it. Would I need a plugin or does someone know of a cheap hack?

[Edit] Or is it always: c:\Windows\Fonts\?

OK, a bit of Googling and I have answered my own question. The fonts are always in: c:\Windows\Fonts\

I do have another follow on question though:
With the new RAW file commands I can scan the fonts folder and store the file names of all the ttf fonts and using my own custom GUI I can create a drop down list that lets the user choose a font.
However, the file name of a font is not necessarily the same as the font name. Ideally, I would need to dig into the fonts header and extract the font name and the font style (bold, italic etc.) and that, I pretty sure, is where a plugin will be needed.

It's a long shot I know, but has anyone written one or fancy taking up the challenge? I've never written a plugin myself and I'm not sure this is the best place to start.
I've found some code to do what I want but, like I said, not the easiest first plugin to write
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2017 22:03
Double posting - simply because I have made a complete change to the original post so an additional post might get it noticed again by people that previously viewed the thread.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
MadBit
VIP Member
Gold Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2017 03:39 Edited at: 15th Aug 2017 03:42
Just as I wrote it in the PM. It is not absolutely necessary to write a plugin for it. This can be written just as well in Tier 1.
Here I give an approach. It only reads the name. To read more information from the ttf file you have to familiarize yourself with the ttf-format in order to know which information can be found where.
Here is the link to the MS page.

Share your knowledge. It\'s a way to achieve immortality. (Tenzin Gyatso)
Pixie-Particle-Engine
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2017 21:13
That looks pretty special!
I'll have a good play with it after work tomorrow.

Thanks very much MadBit you're a star!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 01:05:39
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 01:05:39