Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [BUG?] ChooseRawFile() fails in full screen mode

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2017 21:25 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2017 21:26
If I run this code:

Everything works as expected.
However, if I change the full screen mode to true and run the code, AppGameKit freezes up.

The reason I've put a question mark in the title is because it is possible that the failure is caused not by AppGameKit but by the combination of AppGameKit and "Desktops". I'm running "Desktops" to give myself virtual desktops and when I run the code above in full screen mode I can get around the the freezing up by switching to another desktop and back.
I won't know if this is truly a bug unless somebody else tries it that isn't using virtual desktops.
Coilwinder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2017 21:44
No freeze here. Using Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit.
(Except when pressing space in full screen mode. Then I have to alt-tab to get to the file selection)

But regardless of full screen or not, I have to press space twice after the first file dialogue window to get back to it. I found that a bit odd.
Apologies for any typos and strange grammar.
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2017 21:45
for me i have to click and the selection window will pop up, seems it's being given focus but not brought to the front by default
life\'s one big game
spec= 2.6ghz, 1gb ram, 512mb gpu, directx 9.0c, dbpro and classic
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2017 11:42
OK, I'm confirming that this is definitely a bug!
I've just tried it on my iMac using Bootcamp - it doesn't have virtual desktops installed and not only did it freeze up in full screen mode but I can't Alt+Tab out of it and even Task Manager wouldn't come to the front. So I had no option but do a hard reboot!

Don't try the full screen code unless you have saved everything and you're willing to reboot your PC.
Dark Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2017 21:18
I just tested on windows 10 and the program doesn't freeze up on me. I was able to alt-tab. What I noticed is that in full screen which might feel like a freeze is that the browser doesn't popup above the full screen. I had to actually alt-tab all the way back to the AppGameKit app to get it to appear. But nothing was freezing up on my system. Though it may be a bug because the file window doesn't show over the full screen app without alt-tabing through everything and back to the AppGameKit Window. Don't know if that's a windows thing or AGK's fullscreen code not giving focus to the file selector window.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2017 14:16
Fixed for the next version. I tried to get the file dialog to appear above the fullscreen app but didn't have any success, so the app will minimise whilst the dialog is active and then restore the window afterwards.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 05:35:46
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 05:35:46