Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / "Can't find compiler" path doesn't work.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Here's the deal. I'm new to AppGameKit, have had it for about a good 20 minutes as of the time I'm writing this, and have already run into a problem. I watched a very basic tutorial online of how to just make a window pop up and display "Hello World" and I followed all the instructions to the letter. When I click Compile or Run however, a window pops up saying "Could not find compiler, please check the compiler path in the build options." I have looked everywhere for a solution for this, and have not found one that works for me. I've tried going to the file and copying the path directly into the bar in the build options but that didn't work. If anyone knows any other solution to this please tell me as I would like to think I haven't wasted $80 on a heap of code. No offense to the app, I'm sure it's lovely when it works.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2017 16:07
That is unusual, as it should detect the correct path automatically when the IDE first starts. In the Build->Build Options menu you will find the Path To Compiler field, this should be set to the "Tier 1\Compiler" folder, for example mine is set to "F:\Programs\AGK2017-07-19\Tier 1\Compiler".

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 05:28:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 05:28:08