Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [Tier 2] - Mac DEV using VS Code or VS Mac?

Author
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2017 13:55 Edited at: 6th Aug 2017 14:16
I am going to be getting rid of my dual boot set up with iOS and Windows on my Mac Pro and sticking with just the Mac setup and was wondering if anyone had any joy in using either VS Code or VS Mac with AppGameKit in tier 2?

As far as I can see I think VS Mac will be a no go as I think it is C# only and not C++ but VS Code might work with some setting up?

Any ideas before I change my setup?

Cheers.

[EDIT]
Just to add, the reason asking about this, is that although I can use Xcode, I really don't like it
The Amiga and Amos were great!
appymedia
Years of Service
User Offline
I know you said you don't like it but Xcode is pretty much the smoothest way to make tier 2 stuff on OSX IMO. VS for Mac has no C/C++ support, maybe you could take a look at CLion? https://www.jetbrains.com/clion/
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2017 14:07
Cheers, looks good but a bit pricey when other options are free. I think I might have a go at the VS Code and then if that doesn't work then it will have to be Xcode unfortunately I think as I need to switch back to the Mac anyway.
Didn't think VS Mac had C++ support which is a shame.

Oh well time to update my Mac and then test some options out.
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2017 22:29
Well it all just seems like too much messing around so until VS Mac gets C++ or AppGameKit gets C# I think it will be Xcode.
appymedia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2017 22:08 Edited at: 12th Aug 2017 22:09
Good call, I'm not a big fan of Xcode the little I've used it being honest, seems like IDE's nowadays are growing into 'super' IDE's with far too much bloat and an OTT featureset, VS I'm looking at you as well! I much prefer something like VS Code, light and too the point with the things you really need. However on OSX Xcode works tightly with iOS devices esp and can lower the pain beyond what pain it provides IMO haha

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 07:20:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 07:20:09